Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2, 2015, 08:46 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default noob CPUID package temperature question

Just finished installing an h100i cooler on my FX-8320 cpu and thought I'd check temps before doing much else. If I understand this right, TMPIN0 and TMPIN1 are the MB sensors at the socket, the "package" temp is the core temperature.

Then how the heck are my idle package/core temps averaging 9-10C when the room is at around 15C? Either something is off or I performed the best thermal paste installation ever..

The package temps to rise to 17-20C pretty regularly even while just typing stuff here on the forum, but I'm a bit worried I can't trust the temp readings on this thing. Max temps after a couple runs of Cinebench are 36C... Any ideas?

I'm running at 4.2GHz @ stock vcore.
Old April 2, 2015, 09:12 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

currently running prime95's blend test.. After a few minutes, package temps are at 32C. Coretemp agrees with HWMonitor, same as Corsair Link's reported CPU temps. Seems awfully low..? The motherboard is reporting socket temps of 46C.