Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 3, 2014, 12:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default HWC OC Challenge #8: March Team Cup Warm-Up

Contest closed! Thanks for participating!

Welcome one and all to the (Not Officially) Official Hardware Canucks Overclocking Team! If you are new to the team, and want to learn more about what it is all, um, about, please see the introductory team thread here. How many times can I say about? About this many, I guess.

Introduction

We kicked off the 2014 HWC Overclocking Team Championship Cup season in style with an official hwbot competition - the February Team Cup Warm-Up. The HWC OC team did so well, we finished in sixth place out of 32 teams from all around the world. It was so grand, well hey, let's do it again! Introducing the second event of the 2014 season - the March Team Cup Warm-Up! (Clever name, no?) This too is an official hwbot competition that pits us against other overclocking teams from around the world.

Contest Guidelines

Guidelines for each stage of the competition are outlined on the hwbot page. The overall competition page can be found here. You may participate in as many or as few stages as you wish. You can even post a score for all five stages! Each of the five stages are:

#1: AMD K7 CPU Frequency ~ Guidelines here
#2: VIA SuperPi 1M
~ Guidelines here
#3: AMD 3DMark01 ~ Guidelines here
#4: Pentium II HWBOT Prime
~ Guidelines here
#5: Full-Out Geekbench3
1C ~ Guidelines here

Background image to be used in all submissions (use download link for 1920x1080 or attachment below for 1024x576). Without this background image in your verification screenshot, your contest entry will be invalid.

CPU-Z At minimum, open two instances and show the CPU and Memory tabs in your verification screenshot.

GPU-Z -
Just the main Graphics Card tab is needed. If GPU-Z reports your video card incorrectly, a different reporting program may also be used. Note that GPU-Z must show that SLI is enabled.

And each of the benchmarks for the five stages of competition:
#1: CPU-Z
#2: SuperPi
#3: 3DMark 2001 SE
#4: HWBOT Prime
#5: Geekbench3

Contest entries will be accepted until the end of the month - March 31, 2014. The official time stamp for a contest entry is based on when the score is submitted to and accepted by hwbot as part of the competition.

How to Participate

Once you have your bestscore for any stage of the competition, submit it using hwbot.org here. It is important that you use this link to submit, as using the usual submission link won't link your score to the competition. Make sure your submission is in compliance with both the specific rules for each benchmark and the general hwbot.org rules. After you have submitted your score to hwbot.org, post the link to your submission in this thread to enter. Good luck, and may the best overclocker win!

Awards

In this contest, participants are competing on behalf of the HWC Overclocking Team against other top teams from around the world. Participants will also receive points towards the Championship Cup Series. Points will be distributed to contest participants as follows in each stage:

A submission used by HWC OC Team in the final standings = 5 Points
Any other submissions = 2 Points

If you post the best score on the team in all five stages, you could earn up to 25 points in the Championship Cup standings, which would have been enough to earn you third place for all of 2013!
Attached Images

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!

Last edited by Dead Things; April 16, 2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old March 3, 2014, 12:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

HWC OC Challenge #8 Standings

1: MacJunky ~ 10 Points (Stage 1, Stage 5)
2: Valkyrie ~ 5 Points (Stage 4)
3: You?

Last edited by Dead Things; April 16, 2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old March 4, 2014, 04:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Okay ladies. Don't get all sissy on me. ANYBODY and EVERYBODY can submit a score for Stage 5 on this one. And anybody with an AMD processor can submit a score for Stage 3. This is NOT nearly as hard as the February competition. I want to see some submissions!

Old March 10, 2014, 05:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Okay - so here's the deal. I'm in the middle of renovations, so I'm not living at my own house right now - I'm in a rental. It's not likely that I'll be able to submit any scores for this competition. So I'm really relying on the rest of the team here to come up with something. Anybody got anything they can contribute? You don't have to worry about setting records with your score - it just has to exist.

Old March 15, 2014, 11:44 PM
Top Prospect

C'mon TEAM!!!!!!

I put up something in stages 4 and 5. I'm sure someone with a high revving 3770K or 4770K can be much more competitive in stage 5 than my Xeon so POST IT UP! ! ! (.......if you would be so kind).

We need some AMD folks to step up for stages 1 and 3. My old AMD 486 is no help here.

As for VIA.........hopefully someone out there has something......anything......for stage 2.

Old March 16, 2014, 08:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I have a few K7 CPUs kicking around... wish the hwbot site was not down atm so I could see more info.

*Edit
hmm
A1400AMS3C
AXDA2500DKV4D
AXDA3000DKV4D
AXDA3000DKV4E

Last edited by MacJunky; March 16, 2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old March 16, 2014, 09:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
As for VIA.........hopefully someone out there has something......anything......for stage 2.
I do have some VIA chips at home, with the fastest being a C3 1.2. It won't be competitive against the more modern VIA chips, but it will exist. So if folks can chip in for the other four stages, I will pledge to make a trip back to the house and post a score for Stage 2.

Thanks Valkyrie - and please remember to post links to your scores in this thread for credit towards the Championship Cup!

Old March 16, 2014, 09:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
and please remember to post links to your scores in this thread for credit towards the Championship Cup!
what cup now?
This sounds like work.

Anyway.
Did this: MacJunky`s CPU Frequency score: 1717.81 mhz with a Athlon 1400Mhz (Fsb 133)
Replaced it with this: MacJunky`s CPU Frequency score: 2455.82 mhz with a Athlon XP 3000+

Then tossed this up: MacJunky`s Geekbench3 - Single Core score: 4600 points with a Core i7 4770K

I will not be able to manage a higher K7 score unless I get my hands on more CPUs. I have no dual socket Slot 1 boards or any VIA boards. And I really cannot reasonably prod my 4770k any faster.

Oh well, was fun while it lasted.

Actually I could probably dig out the Phenom x4 9950 and a spare Radeon HD 7950 in a couple days, but that CPU is such a massive bottleneck it is not even funny. I will do it if I have to, but someone else really should handle stage 3.
Old March 17, 2014, 12:07 AM
Top Prospect

Woooooooooooo................EF'in..........Whoooo oooo........(as "THEY" say)......EH?..............

Valkyrie`s HWBOT Prime score: 586.56 pps with a Pentium 2 233Mhz.................

GO TEAM........
Old March 17, 2014, 09:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am going to have another search for K7 CPUs over the next couple days, hopefully something turns up!

Come on guys, you have the hardware to compete here. Do not tell me I have the fastest single core on the entire forum, that would make Hardware Canucks a joke!
And I know some of you guys have smokin AMD rigs.

Balls to the wall.