Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 12, 2013, 12:09 PM
MVP

The screenshot looks good, submitting for competitions can sometimes be a little tricky but once you get the hang of it, it is self explanatory.

Might be able to walk you through it, I see you already have an account so that is half the battle right there.

First you have to submit directly from the competition page, so go here. I directed you directly to the stage page within the competition. You can get here by just going to the COMPETITIONS header on the main page and selecting the Country Cup selection. Mid way down that page you'll see links to each of the 8 stages. Select Stage 8 and be where the link sent you. You can see SUBMIT SCORE right beside the stage name. You must use this one and not the one on the far right hand side of the screen.

You should get a screen where you can enter your score and three options just below. You want the one that says "Enter hardware manually". You can enter all your specifications there. Attach your screenshot where it says "Upload verification screenshot" and don't forget to add a picture of your hardware just below the comments section. Your submission won't be valid for the competition without a pic of the hardware.

That's just a general run down, feel free to PM me or post up if you run into snags from there. Good luck!
Old November 13, 2013, 08:46 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
Anyway, keep up the good work folks. If there's a sub I can help with the low oc just to have a score let me know.
Good to hear! We could definitely use you for the 570 submission. A low OC + 570 sub is better than no sub. :)
Old November 14, 2013, 11:16 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post
The screenshot looks good, submitting for competitions can sometimes be a little tricky but once you get the hang of it, it is self explanatory.

Might be able to walk you through it, I see you already have an account so that is half the battle right there.

First you have to submit directly from the competition page, so go here. I directed you directly to the stage page within the competition. You can get here by just going to the COMPETITIONS header on the main page and selecting the Country Cup selection. Mid way down that page you'll see links to each of the 8 stages. Select Stage 8 and be where the link sent you. You can see SUBMIT SCORE right beside the stage name. You must use this one and not the one on the far right hand side of the screen.

You should get a screen where you can enter your score and three options just below. You want the one that says "Enter hardware manually". You can enter all your specifications there. Attach your screenshot where it says "Upload verification screenshot" and don't forget to add a picture of your hardware just below the comments section. Your submission won't be valid for the competition without a pic of the hardware.

That's just a general run down, feel free to PM me or post up if you run into snags from there. Good luck!
Thanks, figured it all out and new score submitted: SuperPi 32m 8min 33sec 521ms - Core i5 3570K @ 3920.5MHz
Old November 14, 2013, 03:28 PM
MVP

Very nice! Updated the second post with your scores, only 3 more needed to fill the 8th stage
Old November 14, 2013, 09:44 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

ok next question would be how do i disable the NVidea display adapter in order to use the onboard graphics adapter for stage 7?
And how do I get the program to run as it black screens after the first demo?

Last edited by Scratch; November 14, 2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old November 15, 2013, 03:32 AM
MVP

You will have to switch the display output in the BIOS of the motherboard. Of course you should switch to onboard graphics while you are using your current graphics card. Then save it, turn off the computer, and switch your cables to the other set of video outputs. You should have a set of video outputs for the motherboard itself on the back of the motherboard. Then when it restarts you should be on the onboard. To change back, just do the same process but moving to your graphics card outputs and switching in the BIOS to whatever it is set to right now.

Some motherboards will automatically decide where the output is coming from, especially if you remove the graphics card totally, others you have to manually set it.
Old November 16, 2013, 11:32 AM
Rookie

Just passed an order on 2x 4890's. I'm now looking for a decent z77 board, my buddy is passing me a 2500k but he had broken his and runs it on a H77 now. So i figue ill find a cheap z77 strap a pot on it and see where it goes, unless I find something else entirely :P
Old November 19, 2013, 09:43 PM
MVP

Updated 2nd post with new massive score in first stage. Dual 7990s! Moved back into 5th spot, keep pushing boys!
Old November 20, 2013, 01:32 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post
Updated 2nd post with new massive score in first stage. Dual 7990s! Moved back into 5th spot, keep pushing boys!
Nice score

We still need subs for a bunch of stages, so anyone who can help out don't be shy

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old November 22, 2013, 07:32 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Do we have a 570 / 670?

I'm hoping to get a few scores posted this weekend as the next couple of weeks/weekends will be tough as my daughter is going in for surgery.

San Diego
S1155 Spi32