Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2013, 02:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by G777 View Post
the only tweak I use is LOD..
I notice most folks are using 580s so far... Would that be better than a 7970?

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old November 6, 2013, 02:31 PM
MVP

The 7970 would be better but I think the older chips become so CPU bound that the extra speed given by the 7970 isn't apparent. Overclocking the GPU on the FX-60 I was using provided no real noticeable gain, only by overclocking the chip was there any improvement.
Old November 9, 2013, 01:08 PM
MVP

Have a look at what laptops you guys have available as well. Just ran my work laptop and found that even though its factory stock at 3.1Ghz its still faster than a 775 submission for Stage 8. Looks like Socket 988B rules!
Old November 10, 2013, 11:28 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I find this extremely confusing.
I have an i5 3570k, no Radeon cards, currently 1 GFX 660 ti but could plug in my 2 old 6600 GTS's for SLI if that fits any of these requirements?
Old November 10, 2013, 04:23 PM
MVP

You can most certainly put up a score in Stage 8, 3570k should do 4Ghz without too much trouble and we don't have score in the 1150 socket as of yet. Also if you use the onboard graphics from the 3570k you could even post a score up in Stage 7, since we need one that uses the Integrated GPU. Unfortunately, don't think your GPUs help to much but two stages with your setup is something to work on, every sub helps.
Old November 11, 2013, 12:33 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I could do that as I currently have it clocked to 4.4ghz, however, when I set it to 40x100 I actually get a reading of 4020.8mhz on CPUZ. I will play around and see if I can fix that, then I may need an explanation of how to properly upload confirmation to HWBot
Old November 11, 2013, 08:14 PM
Rookie

Hello all, I thought I should register here as it seems to be the right lair for canadian overclockers and why not while it's the country cup ! Since I had some positive results with the 5800K in stage 6, ill give it a go @ stage 7 might have a good score for APU category. I need more hardware !! Wish i could of had something for other stages... I even pulled outa super pi on my 740QM haha xD points untill we get 7 scores I guess.. Wish me luck ! And nice seeing you all to work :)
Old November 12, 2013, 04:24 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
I could do that as I currently have it clocked to 4.4ghz, however, when I set it to 40x100 I actually get a reading of 4020.8mhz on CPUZ. I will play around and see if I can fix that, then I may need an explanation of how to properly upload confirmation to HWBot
You'll have to downclock it slightly from there to get under the 4000 ceiling. If you need any help at all feel free to post up the question or drop a PM. Also if you wish you can post your screenshot here and someone will tell you if your missing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindblowingj View Post
Hello all, I thought I should register here as it seems to be the right lair for canadian overclockers and why not while it's the country cup ! Since I had some positive results with the 5800K in stage 6, ill give it a go @ stage 7 might have a good score for APU category. I need more hardware !! Wish i could of had something for other stages... I even pulled outa super pi on my 740QM haha xD points untill we get 7 scores I guess.. Wish me luck ! And nice seeing you all to work :)
Welcome! Your right, every score helps. The most important thing is filling the stages, then we can work on improving the scores.
Old November 12, 2013, 07:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Country Cup

Ok folks, I managed to get the 280x xfire but with only 4.224 Ghz.

Here's the result from 3DMark. Pretty low oc so I never entered it. I did take a pic of the CPU Z GPU Z and the 3DMark score though I imagine it's too low.

Still trying to get my rig up. After months now I still haven'r got my new mobo for the 4930k which I got to 4.9, though the mobo can't be trusted. My daughter wants that thing running now!!!

I get a lower score with 2 gpus over 1 atm.....

No replacement boards available.....

WTF????

How long do I have to wait?....

Anyway, keep up the good work folks. If there's a sub I can help with the low oc just to have a score let me know.

3 R9 280x which I have yet to try trifire, 1 570 DIRCU 2 580 twin frozrs 2 evga reference 580s a titan a 560ti and of course the ever powerful 450 gts!!!

Can anyone confirm b4 I go on the net if the bridges for trifire go on similar to sli. 1-2 on 1st slot, 2-3 on 2nd slot, 3-1 first slot on the 3rd card to 2nd on the 1st card.

FF
Old November 12, 2013, 11:39 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post
You'll have to downclock it slightly from there to get under the 4000 ceiling. If you need any help at all feel free to post up the question or drop a PM. Also if you wish you can post your screenshot here and someone will tell you if your missing anything.

Welcome! Your right, every score helps. The most important thing is filling the stages, then we can work on improving the scores.
How's this? And I am having a ridiculously hard time figuring out how to submit to HWBot...I'm sure it used to be easy now it's dam retarded.

[IMG][/IMG]