Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 17, 2013, 09:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Country Cup starts Nov. 1. The HWC SLI challenge is on now, though. SuperPi 32M is single-threaded, so your max turbo clock is all you need.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old October 17, 2013, 09:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Country Cup 2013

Great. Guess I better do some more ocing research. Hope to get a good oc by then with some help of course.

Oh and b4 I forget, GOOD LUCK everyone!!!

FF
Old October 17, 2013, 12:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post
Stage 2: Of course, 2011 i7 chips would probably work best, but i7 Haswell or Ivy should be fine, not sure how many cores Cloud Gate benefits from.

1. 670
2. 570
3. 470
There's a 570 @ $140 OBO and a 470 @ $100 OBO on RFD right now in case anybody's interested. I am also looking into acquiring a second HD 4890 on RFD for Stage 2. If anybody has a single HD 6970 for Stage 2, there's a second 6970 @ $170 on RFD.

Old October 17, 2013, 12:43 PM
MVP

Dead Things I have a 4890 in my closet that I can get to you for cheap (PM for prices, lol). Aren't you planning on using the 5870s you have since you have a matching set? I am likely going to grab an i5 and look for dual 6950s or 6970s to participate in that stage, if someone else wants to do 4890s

Also I updated the schedule for those that have spoken up, as usual if I've missed something just post it up and if someone has a better setup they can use, don't be shy!
Old October 17, 2013, 01:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think Slots is gonna be able to do something up with the 5870s, which would free me up to try my hand at the 4890s. So PM inbound!

That is, unless one of our powerhouses is planning to do the 4890s, in which case I won't bother and I'll stick to trying to beat Slots with the 5870s. Talking about which, FtW is gonna be back from Taiwan in time for this, right?

Old October 17, 2013, 01:48 PM
MVP

He should be back, I believe the MSI event is Oct 18/19. I'm pretty sure he should be able to contribute some high end GPU help, who knows what goodies he'll come home with from Taiwan!
Old October 17, 2013, 02:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hey fellow overclockers! I apologize for not being too active lately, the working for a living thing is sure cutting into my free time

I had a quick look at the stage requirements, I will try to put up some times where needed. After I replace my fried R4E in the next few days I will have:

3960X
A10-5800K

The only useful gpu at my disposal for the moment is one Titan, not sure if recently released Amd cards will be allowed?

This is one of the few times I'm jealous of those living in the centre of the universe, benching meet-up would be a blast

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old October 17, 2013, 04:40 PM
MVP

I think your APU will probably be useful, I put you on the schedule for Devestator core in Stage 6, although it can be used in Stage 7 for Integrated, or for Hybrid if you have a 6670 kicking around. Titan maybe in Stage 7? Your other chips will help fill in gaps in Stage 8 also.
Old October 17, 2013, 09:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Tri SLi 680's n 3930k @ 5Ghz (stable enough for some benches).....this is all new to me, please let me know how to participate ....

EDIT: Read thru your first Post carefully...I'll go for Stage 1 and Stage 8.....

so as of Nov 1 we simply run the Benchmarks and submit here..or you'll provide more info?

Last edited by rjbarker; October 17, 2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old October 18, 2013, 05:13 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
so as of Nov 1 we simply run the Benchmarks and submit here..or you'll provide more info?
Nice to see some new interest (especially with some of these guys with powerhouse machines).

You have to sign up on HWBot.org. and from there you can choose to join a team (if you want). Ensure that you complete your profile and indicate your country.

You can sign up at hwbot at any time and submit scores outside of the competition as well as you will receive points based on different criteria and for different benchmarks. Here is a link to the HWC thread on hwbot - Hardware Canucks Overclocking Team

All scores are submitted on hwbot and must follow the guidelines. Each benchmark has a certain requirement in regards to what must be present in the screenshot.

Hwbot - Benchmarks. - List of benchmarks and if you scroll over to the right, there is a link for the rules for each corresponding benchmark along with sample screenshots.

For example, here is a link to the 3DMark11 Rules (Stage 1) - 3DMark11 rules

You will need to have both CPU-Z - CPU-Z CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting and GPU-Z - GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

Once the competition starts, you will be able to submit scores for the stages that you will be participating in. There should also be a wallpaper that must be used for all submissions to ensure the benchmarks were run in the proper time frame. If you need any help once it is time to submit, just toss up a question and someone will gladly point you in the right direction.

Hopefully we will be able to improve on last years 7th place finish! Go Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post
1. i3 Haswell - i3 4340/4130
What are the odds someone invested in i3 Haswell? :P Looks like it could be about a $250 investment for board/cpu. Hmmmm...

Last edited by Slaughter; October 18, 2013 at 05:42 AM.