Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 2, 2013, 12:50 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Question Over and underclock nVidia drivers limits

Guys, I wonder, how one can modify the nVidia drivers to get different maximal and minimal clock that can be applied on graphic card. For example using a Forceware v45.28 drivers, the bottom limits are relatively high 40/65MHz for core/memory of the GeForce2 MX 400 card:

For example a GeForce FX5200 can do 8MHz for the core and 50MHz for the videorams:

But using ATI Tool on nVidia card is a bit crazy :) Futhermore it does not work on the GeForce2 MX 400 at all.

Therefore I seeking ways how to change/modify/tweak the drivers, so I can try lower settings :) Score 299 Marks on 3DMark 2001 is still far too high, lol.

Anyone got idea, what to tweak to get lower/higher with the limits?

Thanks!
Old August 4, 2015, 07:28 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Question

Still no-one know of any method, how to remove the low limit on the underclock there?

25/30MHz might be good for most, but certainly not for me (Forceware 40.41 WHQ with coolbits). I run FX 5200 core at 8MHz:

...so 25MHz on the core is pretty damn high. Anyone have idea, where is the limit written, so I could change it?
Old August 10, 2015, 02:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You could try using Nvidia Inspector to unlock lower values. It's usually capable of going where other softclock programs won't. Still may not do anything for you, but it's worth a shot.
Old August 12, 2015, 03:41 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Well, it is worth the shoot that it will support the old Vanta LT. Mostly these cards are "left out"...
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html

However I got another idea from one guy at Guru3D forum - bios mod. Since I know, that the GPU have to take lower that 25MHz clocks (the rams are actually under the limits at 30MHz and in 3D the picture is damaged when the RAMDAC did not made reading of the ram in time...), then I could simply set that in bios and that will be it :)

Now... NiBiTor did not support Vanta LT, so maybe I manage to find some usable software that can download, edit and flash back the bios for this challenge...

ATM I should mention, that it is painfull to setup for really slow benchmark, especially when you have to work with the original Aquamark 3 and go thru the menu, when my mouse have 10sec lag to any movement... (30MHz FSB x9 Athlon, nVidia Vanta LT 25/30MHz, MS-6340 mobo ... the Jetway V600DAP is too fast to be the slowest, 500MHz Duron is still too fast :D )

The bench will very likely take a week to finish.
Old August 14, 2015, 10:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodas View Post
The bench will very likely take a week to finish.
Good grief! That's horrible and awesome all at the same time! I've had a couple 24 hour+ SuperPi 32M runs, but nothing quite like that! I'm setting up for SC1-Stage 9, the K6 PiFast stage. If I can get CPU-Z to validate properly on my board, I might also be able to post competitive scores for Stages 1 and 2.
Old August 18, 2015, 03:10 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Well, maybe it take more. 10 batches and since 6th is started going slow. And I mean... slow. Like that:

So, say 12 to 16 days till the end? Hopefully it validate and I win, because I would be f*cking pissed if something bad happen to the score and I was waiting for... nothing!
Old August 20, 2015, 10:55 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Good grief! That's horrible and awesome all at the same time! I've had a couple 24 hour+ SuperPi 32M runs, but nothing quite like that! I'm setting up for SC1-Stage 9, the K6 PiFast stage. If I can get CPU-Z to validate properly on my board, I might also be able to post competitive scores for Stages 1 and 2.
Try this with CPUz it helps sometimes with the older HW. I was still having trouble with uploaded files after that but it helps with proper frequency display. Good luck guys. Looks like you could use a few more guys in the fight.

go to the cpu-z folder and edit the cpu-z configuration file by set the below values to "0" , then the frequency displayed by cpu-z is the correct one.

DMI=0
DISPLAY=0
BUSCLOCK=0
SPD=0

All the rest untouched.
Old August 20, 2015, 12:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan45 View Post
Try this...
Hey, thanks for posting! I did try that, but alas, no love. Using a GA-5AX board, I was hoping to take advantage of the ALi V ACPI throttling bug to get 1.5 x 30 Mhz. But alas, the most recent CPU-Z version that will validate on the board is 1.52, which of course won't validate online any more.
Old August 20, 2015, 02:40 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Try the new version with SMBus=0 and submit bugreport to CPU-Z autor. That suxx, not being able to post good results because of bugses in CPU-Z.

BTW, makes me remember the not validatd 30x7.5 results from my MS-6340 board that can be tricked to 30MHz FSB... Other boards are hard to push bellow 320MHz:
CPU-Z VALIDATOR
(Jetway V266B)

GPUPI is working:
Old August 20, 2015, 02:45 PM
Top Prospect

Nice work trodas 168h rocks. For your sake I hope it comes out legit.
@ Dead things, I've had no luck with the new CPUz site and submitting offline I had to do it online to get 50Mz on AMD