Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 6, 2013, 08:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Single channel is really not helping as well. Better off finding some older 2X512MB sticks, the highest bin possible. That will help alot.
Old October 6, 2013, 09:46 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Wink

I know, I know... :( However the mainboard is flakey at best when come to ram access.
First and foremost - in bios, there is the setting Command Rate. I can set 2T or 1T, but in reality it does not matter. I always get 2T command rate :(

Also, there is possible to set the Bank Interleave, but no more that 4 Bank. Setting the 8 Bank cause machine lock up and require bios clear...

No idea where to get the double channel at all, not sure if the VIA P4M800 chipset even allow... For regular usage I like the 2x 1024 OCZ sticks, 2x 512 sure grant higher OC, but this is my best machine, so it has to work :)

At the nForce 2 times, the best OC was using 2x 256MB sticks... lol. Times changed. I can only bug autor or MemSet to add support for the VIA P4M800 (Pro?) chipset. MemSet does support KT266A chipsets and so on up to KT600, but not the P4M800... sadly :(
Also I can only bump my request at BiosMods forum, if anyone can take a look at this and try find any solution to this bios bug.

Looking at 313MHz FSB:
Superpi 1m Benchmark Competition
...it makes me wonder, if there are some nice 1024MB sticks with these chips: 3oh6 - OCZ PC-5000 ELPE (the best TCC5/TCCD ever released to the public)

And all this effort is only good for CPU side of things, because due to the lack of replacement cap(s) I run the graphic card at PCI regime, witch somewhat suxx in terms of speed... Gotta find sponsor for sourcing caps faster for my soldering experiments with old poor mobos