Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 1, 2013, 08:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default HWC Overclocking Challenge #6: SLI '03

Contest closed! Thanks for participating!

Welcome one and all to the (Not Officially) Official Hardware Canucks Overclocking Team! If you are new to the team, and want to learn more about what it is all, um, about, please see the introductory team thread here. How many times can I say about? About this many, I guess.

Introduction

October marks the first of two successive months during which we will be focusing on multi-GPU benchmarking. The Nvidia boys are up first, while the AMD guys will get their chance in November. The challenge for this month is to see who can post the best score in 3DMark03 - a good ol' fashioned classic DX9 benchmark. Please note that the only limitation is that you must be running SLI. This means you can run Tri-SLI or even Quad-SLI if your core is hard enough!

Contest Guidelines

Run 3DMark03 at default settings (although you may disable the unnecessary subtests if you wish). When you have your score, take a screen shot that includes:
  • 3DMark03 benchmark settings
  • 3DMark03 overall score
  • 3DMark03 subtest scores
  • CPU-Z CPU tab
  • CPU-Z Memory tab
  • GPU-Z Graphics card tab
To enter this contest, you will need the following:

Background image to be used in all submissions (use download link for 1920x1080 or attachment below for 1024x576). Without this background image in your verification screenshot, your contest entry will be invalid.

Futuremark's 3DMark03 benchmark - make sure you are using the final version, which is v3.6.0.

CPU-Z Ė At minimum, open two instances and show the CPU and Memory tabs in your verification screenshot.

GPU-Z -
Just the main Graphics Card tab is needed. If GPU-Z reports your video card incorrectly, a different reporting program may also be used. Note that GPU-Z must show that SLI is enabled.

Contest entries will be accepted from 12:01 AM EDT on October 1, 2013 until 11:59 PM EDT on October 31, 2013. The official time stamp for a contest entry is based on when the submission link is posted in this thread.

How to Participate

Once you have your best 3DMark03 score, submit it using hwbot.org here. Make sure your submission is in compliance with both the specific Hardware Canucks contest rules and the general hwbot.org rules for 3DMark03. After you have submitted your score to hwbot.org, post the link to your submission in this thread to enter. Good luck, and may the best overclocker win!

Awards

In this contest, participants are competing for points towards the Championship Cup Series. Points will be distributed to contest participants as follows in each stage:

1st place = 10 points
2nd place = 7 points
3rd place = 5 points
4th place = 3 points
5th place = 2 points

All others who submit a score but donít reach the top five will receive one point towards the Championship Cup Series.
Attached Images

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!

Last edited by Dead Things; March 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old October 1, 2013, 08:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

HWC OC Challenge #6 Standings

1: Dead Things @ 101,243 ~ 10 Points

Last edited by Dead Things; October 5, 2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old October 5, 2013, 01:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

And to get things started...

Dead Things`s 3DMark03 score: 101243 marks with a GeForce GTX 460 (192bit)
Attached Images

Old October 5, 2013, 02:03 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Wish I had a second 580...
Old October 5, 2013, 10:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I always have issues running that one. It always seem to just screw up in the middle of the tests. That said I will try to get a score for this.

Old October 17, 2013, 09:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Oveclocking Tweaking and Benchmarking

Do we need an advanced edition of 3dMark 03 or can we use the basic free 1?

FF
Old October 17, 2013, 09:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Basic/free = all good. I think the only meaningful difference between the free and paid versions is you need an Internet connection to see your score with the free one.

Old October 17, 2013, 11:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile HWC Overclocking Challenge

Ok. This is from my wife's system. Cooling is an issue for ocing atm but I did get to 4 Ghz,...lol

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3930K Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH X79

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3930K Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH X79

FF

Edit: I may have an Asus DirCUII for other benches.

Last edited by fishingfanatic; October 17, 2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old October 18, 2013, 05:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Overclocking,Tweaking and Benchmarking

Well with the 570 DIR CU I'm getting good gpu oc, so need to get better cooling to get over 4. Ghz on cpu.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3930K Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH X79

Still not good enough for this scenario.
Old October 19, 2013, 08:29 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I would have submitted to HWbot, but its not letting me register an account. Keeps hanging at the creating account part. But until then , not sure if this is a valid submission since I cant register at hwbot.

154937 3Dmarks