Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 21, 2013, 05:21 AM
Top Prospect

Default Asus HERO manual OC??

Hi, is there anyone that could make a guide how to OC manualy with this board? As there is no option to go fully manual mode on the cpu voltage like on the extreme board.

I am new to overclocking and I have been trying to find a guide of how to test it out on 4.6 on 1.2 volts to see if I have a good chip or not but I cant find any guide HOW to do so with THIS board. Linus shows how to oc (Intel Haswell 4th Generation Core i5 & i7 Overclocking Guide - YouTube) at min 19.20 - but has manual mode on so he can set the voltage.

Here on this board its not possible where I see - can some one please help me out and make a quick guide? Maybe some screenshots? I know the auto tuning is good for a novice like me but it goes to 4.2 at 1.2 volts....

Last edited by SAS; September 21, 2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old September 21, 2013, 05:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

We need system specs to better assist you. ??
Old September 21, 2013, 07:53 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
We need system specs to better assist you. ??
Sry,

i5 4670k
16 gb 1866 CL10 G.Skill ripjaws
Asus DirectCU II OC gtx 780
XSPC RayStorm 750 RS360
Asus Hero
ax760 platinum

HAF-XM
Old September 21, 2013, 07:56 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Wink

I believe that he have Asus Maximus IV Hero mainboard:
MAXIMUS VI HERO - Motherboards - ASUS
...but of couse that is up to the user to confirm or deny. So far I'm convinced that such mainboard should have in bios the manual settings and allow the voltage to be changed. Another think is, if he have the "K" line with unlocked multiplier... Oh, well. Waiting for input data :)

But in the Extreme tweaker in Asus Maximus IV Hero mainboard are clearly the Vcore setting under CPU Core Voltage:

http://www.bjorn3d.com/wp-content/up...Hero-BIOS4.jpg

PS. LOL, as I type, there is already an answer And I seems to get it right
Old September 21, 2013, 08:55 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedoBear View Post
Hi, is there anyone that could make a guide how to OC manualy with this board? As there is no option to go fully manual mode on the cpu voltage like on the extreme board.

I am new to overclocking and I have been trying to find a guide of how to test it out on 4.6 on 1.2 volts to see if I have a good chip or not but I cant find any guide HOW to do so with THIS board. Linus shows how to oc (Intel Haswell 4th Generation Core i5 & i7 Overclocking Guide - YouTube) at min 19.20 - but has manual mode on so he can set the voltage.

Here on this board its not possible where I see - can some one please help me out and make a quick guide? Maybe some screenshots? I know the auto tuning is good for a novice like me but it goes to 4.2 at 1.2 volts....
I have that board and you can certainly set the voltage manually and about a million other voltages in the bios and from the desktop using the aisuite.

ASUS Z87 Maximus VI Hero Motherboard Review
Old September 21, 2013, 11:29 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
I have that board and you can certainly set the voltage manually and about a million other voltages in the bios and from the desktop using the aisuite.

ASUS Z87 Maximus VI Hero Motherboard Review
I can find it in BIOS - do you mind showing some screenshots? I am a noob - I know - but I want to learn!
Old September 21, 2013, 01:41 PM
MVP

My System Specs

It cannot get more clear that this:

;)
Old September 22, 2013, 06:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

I have that mobo and a 4770K. I'll just give you a quick glance at some of my settings for now, as I don't have all of them written down. (I'll do tomorrow, it's a great thing to do).

Running BIOS rev 0804 (the one that just came out last week).

Multi: 45
VCore set to MANUAL :1.264
CacheMulti: 39
Cache voltage : 1.2

DIGI 3+ controls: Extreme, extreme, CPU current 130%, Ram current capacity 110%

Ram : 1866 at Auto volts (1.5V)

All speedstep and C states disabled.

Initial CPU voltage: 1.75v
eventual CPU voltage: 1.75v

Other voltages on Auto....
iGPU capability disabled.

Max temp running AIDA 64 or Intel XTU is around 80-81 degrees celsius, room temp 25 degrees celsius

H100i cooler running stock fans and BALANCED fan profile....

Case CM ATCS 840....

there is so many settings in the BIOS....
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)

Last edited by Delavan; September 22, 2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old September 23, 2013, 08:13 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Multi 45 means 4,5GHz resulting clock? That looks pretty good... The initial CPU voltage setting are necessary to be as high, as they are, to post when being overclocked so much...?
Old September 23, 2013, 09:44 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

^^ Thats not the core voltage that is the standard power to the cpu.