Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 2, 2013, 10:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default HWC Overclocking Challenge #5: Intel XTU

Contest closed! Thanks for participating!

Welcome one and all to the (Not Officially) Official Hardware Canucks Overclocking Team! If you are new to the team, and want to learn more about what it is all, um, about, please see the introductory team thread here. How many times can I say about? About this many, I guess.

Introduction

September is upon us! How quickly the summer months fly by. But with the back-to-school season comes cooler evenings and more ideal conditions for overclocking, so let's get those rigs amped up and maxed out! This time we're going a bit more exclusive with our choice of benchmarking software. This contest is to see who can reach the highest score using the built-in benchmark in Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU). Intel XTU only works with Intel processors from the Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge and Haswell generations. Sorry AMD and older Intel guys - you're stuck on the sidelines for this one. And if there are any Cyrix, WinChip or Rise guys still out there, well, good for you!

Contest Guidelines

Use the most recent version of Intel XTU, which - at the time of this writing - is version 4.2. While XTU can be used for a great many things including adjusting frequencies and voltages within your OS, what we are interested in is its built-in benchmarking capabilities. So on the left-hand menu, select 'Benchmarking' and then click 'Run'. Intel XTU will then run a Prime95-based benchmark that will stress all of the available processing threads on your system. When the run is complete, and XTU gives you a score, take a screen shot that includes:
  • XTU benchmarking window showing your score
  • CPU-Z CPU tab
  • CPU-Z Memory tab
To enter this contest, you will need the following:

Background image to be used in all submissions (use download link for 1920x1080 or attachment below for 1024x576). Without this background image in your verification screenshot, your contest entry will be invalid.

Intel XTU software. Please use the most recent version. As of Sept. 1, the most recent version is 4.2.

CPU-Z Ė At minimum, open two instances and show the CPU and Memory tabs in your verification screenshot.

Contest entries will be accepted from 12:01 AM EDT on September 1, 2013 until 11:59 PM EDT on September 30, 2013. The official time stamp for a contest entry is based on when the submission link is posted in this thread.

How to Participate

Once you have your best Intel XTU score, you can submit it to hwbot.org either automatically or manually.
  • Automatic submission requires an active Internet connection. Simply click on the blue 'Compare Online' button and follow the instructions to make your hwbot submission.
  • Manual submissions can be made in case you don't have an Internet connection on your benchmarking machine (or for whatever other reason you may have for not submitting automatically). Click the 'Save' button on the far right to save your active Profile and give it a name. Then click on 'Profiles' in the left-hand menu and export the profile you just saved to your harddisk (*.xtu file). You can then upload the saved profile to hwbot here. If you have any questions about how to make a submission, please don't hesitate to ask.
Note that the screenshot is not required for hwbot, but it is required for our contest, so please upload your screenshot showing the background image to this thread when linking to your uploaded XTU score.

Awards

In this contest, participants are competing for points towards the Championship Cup Series. Points will be distributed to contest participants as follows:

1st place = 10 points
2nd place = 7 points
3rd place = 5 points
4th place = 3 points
5th place = 2 points

All others who submit a score but donít reach the top five will receive one point towards the Championship Cup Series.
Attached Images

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!

Last edited by Dead Things; October 1, 2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old September 2, 2013, 10:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

HWC OC Challenge #5 Standings

1: Dead Things @ 1282 ~ 10 Points
2: Soullessone21 @ 1209 ~ 7 Points
3: ipaine @ 1005 ~ 5 Points
4: G777 @ 968 ~ 3 Points

Last edited by Dead Things; October 1, 2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old September 2, 2013, 11:44 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Love the background DT

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old September 2, 2013, 02:18 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by G777 View Post
Love the background DT
I agree Gav!

(now he shall never suspect when I key his Titan! He shall weep saying "My Titan! Who keyed my baby! The scratch is right along the pretty green blinkie lights!" Then he shall slump down in the fetal position murmuring "pretty, pretty ghz pretty..." muahahaaahaa)
Old September 2, 2013, 07:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Here is my attempt. This is at my 24/7 OC so it is nothing special. Maybe I will try to get a better one with a better OC but this one is good enough for now.

ipaine`s XTU score: 935 marks with a Core i7 2600K

Old September 2, 2013, 08:50 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm watching you JayDee

Gav777`s XTU score: 968 marks with a Core i7 3770K
Attached Images

Team Thread
Old September 3, 2013, 08:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ambient is about 28C in this room. Although I am in no hurry to bid farewell to summer, the cooler weather to come certainly won't hurt my benchmarking results!

Dead Things`s XTU score: 1054 marks with a Core i7 2600K
Attached Images

Old September 4, 2013, 12:38 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Great score & a silver cup to boot!

Curious on the memory if you tried higher freq vs tighter timings?

Team Thread
Old September 4, 2013, 12:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I really have to get my systems up and running...
Old September 4, 2013, 01:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I'm kinda limited to the tight timing route by my sticks. Slaughter has my PSC's, my Tridents are in my daily driver, and the Z77 FTW doesn't play nice with my Doms, so I'm 'stuck' using the BBSE's.