Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24, 2013, 02:47 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks for the advice, ill stick to cpu for now. ive droped my multiplier to 45 and lowered to voltages to a fixed 1.34 LLC 1. im happy with 4.5 and will try to push down the voltages max temp on prime was 67c
Old August 24, 2013, 03:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Another I used to do (when I first started OC'ing a number of yrs ago), is run marathon sessions of P95....I no longer believe in this methodology as "I dont play Prime...I game"...with that being said, I now look for 15 - 20 passes of LinX.....if I get thru that...then I use my PC "as per normal, including gaming".....
I used to run LinX...get thru 15 passes...then run a marathon 10 hr session of Prime Blended and Prime Small FFT's...sometimes LinX would pass then Prime Belnd would fail after 7 hrs...found it frustrating.
Anyhow, another Forum member suggested 15 - 20 passes LinX (not that time consuming), then simply game and do whatever else you do...if no BSOD's...your good to go :) This may result in a "fail" running Prime, but who cares, you dont play Prime !!

Old August 24, 2013, 06:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

well ive been testing some more and i am now down to 1.325 fixed with LLC 1 at 4.5Ghz i played some games and no issues. im wondering if anyone can tell me the lowest someone went with a 2600k at 4.5Ghz lowest voltage.

Thankyou everyone for the help
Old August 24, 2013, 09:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

"2.1 2.2 is meant for ivys good luck on a oem bios" What version of BIOS are you running? Also, if you can, try to get it stable at LLC 2 instead of 1 as most people who overclock "feel" that LLC 1 is not healthy for long term use.
Old August 25, 2013, 10:02 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

currently using 2.1 i read around some people dont have problems others do. but according to asrock it shouldn't be a problem. I'll try LLC 2 from what i gather LLC 1 doesnt let the voltage drop so u constantly have more power more of the time, i currently have 4.5 Ghz stable at 1.325v do u think llc 1 with those voltages would still be a problem? im still trying to get lower voltages , just dunno what the lowest i can go
Old August 25, 2013, 01:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Problem with LLC 1 is that a bit of vdroop is actually important to protect your chip's long term health. LLC 1 you don't ever get that benefit of having a touch of vdroop, which is good for over-clocking, but not for self preservation. I'm not saying a person can't run LLC 1 all day, but most people aren't willing to risk it for a long term setting. Yeah, too bad if your problems are due to installing the 2.1 BIOS :/
Old August 25, 2013, 06:48 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

so far can't get anything stable unless on LLC1 and the preset OC by the mobo. which voltages for my taste are too high 1.408 max voltage for a 4.4Ghz oc. at 4.2 is stable and it's stock everything just multiplier changed multiplier to 42. it could be the bios update i skimmed through articles with the same issue. ill read through and get back soon
Old August 25, 2013, 07:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

if you can downgrade from 2.1 I would.
Old August 25, 2013, 11:29 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i will probably have to contact asrock for this will get back with news. Will there be a significant difference between 4.2 ghz and 4.5 ghz. or not really?
Old August 26, 2013, 12:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

it's a $15 charge for an older bios which i think is BS. im at 4.2 GHZ with stock setting and i feel its good enough if i see in the future that more overclock is needed i will pay it but i dont know if a .3 ghz upgrade is worth it. i really dont want more than 4.5 Ghz. has anyone felt a big impact from going up .3 Ghz?