Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 21, 2013, 01:18 PM
Rookie

Default Help a noob overclock

Hi there everyone, been looking through all the helpful information people have been putting up lately and hope I have the same success. My layout could be much better presenting the info but please bare with me.

I think before I upgrade my current PC i want to try my hand at overclocking it. I'm totally new to overclocking realm and was wondering if anyone could link me to some articles or guides.

I have a I5 2500k with a Corsair A70 heatsink on a Gigabyte GA-Z68x-UD4-B3

I have found guides for Asus overclocking but haven't found anything relating to mine. It still has the stock Bios.

I originally bought this Mobo because i wanted to overclock and it had the built in software to auto overclock at the click of the button. It worked fine for awhile I never put it to max through that software because I was scared that it wasn't really the best way to do it. Now the software doesn't seem to install after my last reformat which is probably for the best anyways.

With the Corsair A70 heatsink I think I should have enough to OC to 4ghz.

Current PC spec.

i5 2500k
Gigabyte GA-Z68x-UD4-B3
Corsair A70 heatsink
MSI GTX 570
8gig gskills
Antec 750w PS

Is it even worth OC this?