Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 4, 2013, 06:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default HWC Overclocking Challenge #4: Unigine Heaven, Red vs. Green

Contest closed! Thanks for participating!

Welcome one and all to the (Not Officially) Official Hardware Canucks Overclocking Team! If you are new to the team, and want to learn more about what it is all, um, about, please see the introductory team thread here. How many times can I say about? About this many, I guess.

Introduction

This is the second of our two-stage competitions this summer, as we shift focus away from overclocking our CPUs and onto overclocking our GPUs! Like with the wPrime challenge, contestants will have two months to prepare scores in one or both categories. This time around, the challenge is to post the best score using the Xtreme preset for Unigine Heaven:

1. Any single AMD or ATI video card (Crossfire not allowed)
2. Any single Nvidia video card (SLI not allowed)

Play the fanboi and fight to pwn the other Team. Or play both sides against each other and enter both stages of the competition. The choice is yours. But when the dust settles, we will know whether Team Red or Team Green dominates the Pearly Gates!

Contest Guidelines

Use the HWBOT Heaven launcher to start the benchmark. Run the Xtreme preset for DX11.When you have your score, take a screen shot that includes:
  • Unigine Heaven main window
  • Unigine Heaven score
  • CPU-Z CPU tab
  • CPU-Z Memory tab
  • GPU-Z Graphics card tab
To enter this contest, you will need the following:

Background image to be used in all submissions (use download link for 1920x1080 or attachment below for 1024x576). Without this background image in your verification screenshot, your contest entry will be invalid.

Unigine Heaven benchmark - This is the HWBOT launcher that you must use for this competition. Alternate versions of the launcher include light and typical.

CPU-Z Ė At minimum, open two instances and show the CPU and Memory tabs in your verification screenshot. Those using an IGP to submit a score for this challenge must also open a third instance to show the Mainboard tab.

GPU-Z -
Just the main Graphics Card tab is needed. If GPU-Z reports your video card incorrectly, a different reporting program may also be used.

Contest entries will be accepted from 12:01 AM EDT on July 1, 2013 until 11:59 PM EDT on August 31, 2013. The official time stamp for a contest entry is based on when the submission link is posted in this thread.

How to Participate

Once you have your best Unigine Heaven score, submit it using hwbot.org here. Make sure your submission is in compliance with both the specific Hardware Canucks contest rules and the general hwbot.org rules for Unigine Heaven Xtreme Preset. After you have submitted your score to hwbot.org, post the link to your submission in this thread to enter. Good luck, and may the best overclocker win!

Awards

In this contest, participants are competing for points towards the Championship Cup Series. Points will be distributed to contest participants as follows in each stage:

1st place = 10 points
2nd place = 7 points
3rd place = 5 points
4th place = 3 points
5th place = 2 points

All others who submit a score but donít reach the top five will receive one point towards the Championship Cup Series.
Attached Images

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!

Last edited by Dead Things; September 2, 2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old July 4, 2013, 06:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

HWC OC Challenge #4 Standings

Nvidia
1: G777 @ 3530.77 ~ 10 Points
2: JayDeeHobbit @ 2026.25 ~ 7 Points
3: Dead Things @ 1841.57 ~ 5 Points
4: 4DoorGTZ @ 1805.44 ~ 3 Points
5: ipaine @ 1672.5 ~ 2 Points

AMD
1:
Dead Things @ 919.4 ~ 10 Points

Last edited by Dead Things; September 2, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old July 5, 2013, 07:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Anyone have issues running that? Whenever I try running it I just get a black screen with a unigine logo in the corner and fps in the 8000 range. If I hit esc I get the menu that comes up but the actual benchmark doesn't work. I have even tried it making sure SLI was disabled and I also disabled my second monitor and still the same thing. Any ideas?

Unigine 4.0 works fine and so does 2.1 if run without the HWBOT launcher. Any ideas?

Last edited by ipaine; July 6, 2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old July 7, 2013, 07:24 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

OK, I'll go first...
Gav777`s Unigine Heaven - Xtreme Preset score: 3594.29 DX11 Marks with a GeForce GTX Titan
Attached Images

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old July 7, 2013, 07:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post

1. Any single AMD or ATI video card (Crossfire not allowed)
2. Any single Nvidia video card (SLI not allowed)

note that PhysX/Ageia will kick in and a give a different score when 2 cards used on bench test
Old July 8, 2013, 11:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
note that PhysX/Ageia will kick in and a give a different score when 2 cards used on bench test
Not to worry, oh Kapt my Kapt - there's no PhysX in Heaven, even if you try to enable it. So if you have a multi-GPU setup, you only need to disable xfire/sli to run the benchmark - no need to physically remove any cards (unless you're hardcore like Gav).

Talking about which...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G777 View Post
OK, I'll go first...
...Wrong HWBOT link it looks like, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Anyone have issues running that? Whenever I try running it I just get a black screen with a unigine logo in the corner and fps in the 8000 range. If I hit esc I get the menu that comes up but the actual benchmark doesn't work. I have even tried it making sure SLI was disabled and I also disabled my second monitor and still the same thing. Any ideas?

Unigine 4.0 works fine and so does 2.1 if run without the HWBOT launcher. Any ideas?
All I know is that it's a fairly common issue that others have run into as well. It seems the wrapper causes a freeze when certain dll's are missing from a modified or stripped OS. I don't know if there's a fix so unless your google fu can produce an answer, my only suggestions might be to try reinstalling .NET 4.0 or DirectX...

Old July 13, 2013, 11:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Oveclocking Tweaking and Benchmarking

Here's a cpl of results from the quad sli.

FF
Attached Images

Old July 14, 2013, 06:08 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post

...Wrong HWBOT link it looks like, no?
Whoops

Gav777`s Unigine Heaven - Xtreme Preset score: 3530.77 DX11 Marks with a GeForce GTX Titan

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old July 14, 2013, 07:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Oveclocking Tweaking and Benchmarking

Fantastic score!!!

I'm going to have to start asking for help to learn how to oc ram, gpu, and cpu together so I might get close to that score 1 day...

FF
Old July 29, 2013, 05:19 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I've never played with Unigine before. First run wasn't so good. Going to give it another go tonight and hope to break 1000 points. :P

Looks like 1247 is the WR on the bot for this card... Unfortunately won't stand up against the Titan. :P LoL.

Going to need a 7970 to try and compete against that. :S

Last edited by Slaughter; July 29, 2013 at 07:05 AM.