Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 19, 2013, 07:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow! Busy summer! Finally had a chance to get on this, so here goes...

My Nvidia score: Dead Things`s Unigine Heaven - Xtreme Preset score: 1841.57 DX11 Marks with a GeForce GTX 580

My ATI score: Dead Things`s Unigine Heaven - Xtreme Preset score: 919.4 DX11 Marks with a Radeon HD 5870

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old August 19, 2013, 07:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Oveclocking Tweaking and Benchmarking

Great scores bud!

Edit: went on to the ROG site looking for some help ocing that cpu! Should be interesting as long as I don't fry any/everything...

Wow those guys are friggin' awesome!

FF
Old August 19, 2013, 07:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, they're scores. Better than not scores. Are you gonna have a chance to do one with the hwbot launcher for this competition?

edit - Just saw your edit. One thing about Unigine Heaven is that it is almost completely GPU-bound. Sure, you need a CPU fast enough that it won't create a bottleneck, but otherwise there's very little to be gained from a big OC on the CPU. Heaven is all about how much you can OC the GPU.

Last edited by Dead Things; August 19, 2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old August 19, 2013, 08:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Oveclocking Tweaking and Benchmarking

I didn't enter the competition bcuz I can only muster low 4s when ocing.

Haven't oced cards b4 and between the 3cards and the cpu oc I'm hoping the AX1200 doesn't get too warm...

The research I did shows that should be enough but I think it's cutting it kinda close. Bonfire anyone?

Looking at the 1350w SilverStone Zeus on here I believe.

Got a 1000w psu coming for the 980x system. The case doesn't accomodate tri sli.... Thinking of a small case mod as 1 slot missing in the back.

Would still have to use a better psu for tri though.

The 3930k system only has a 850w psu. Maybe put the 1200 in there and put the 1350 in my rig. That's a lot of rewiring!!!

FF

Edit: If I can put up a decent score for the HWCs I will if I can get a higher oc ok?
Old August 19, 2013, 08:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
Edit: If I can put up a decent score for the HWCs I will if I can get a higher oc ok?
Sounds like a plan - good luck! At this point, looks like even a score of 1 will earn you a good amount of Cup points. Not exactly a popular time of year for benching.

Old August 19, 2013, 09:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would have done some but I can not get that HWBOT version to work right. On its own unigine heaven works but it never works right with that HWBOT launcher.

If I have time over this week I can see if it will work again, but not holding out much hope. And that sucks.

Old August 21, 2013, 02:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, I don't think there's any answer to your problem ipaine. It's one of those "it works 99.9% of the time, and 0.1% of the time we have no idea what's going on" things. When I ran it, I used a fresh install of W7 x86 (although I understand Heaven prefers x64). I didn't do anything fancy - just installed the 'typical' version, double-clicked on the desktop icon, selected the DX11 test, and let it run in all of its heavenly glory.

If you're willing/able, I might suggest trying to install a fresh OS on a spare harddrive. Otherwise, I fear you may be S.O.L. on this one. Sorry!

Old August 21, 2013, 07:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hmmm, maybe I will do that. I do have a spare (sort of) SSD that I might be able to use. Well we will see, when is the cut off for this contest?

Old August 21, 2013, 10:49 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

4DoorGTZ`s Unigine Heaven - Xtreme Preset score: 1637.48 DX11 Marks with a GeForce GTX 680M

No chance on the Nvidia list, but from 768-954 not bad, got 1pt less with 963 but didn't disable all the windows processes I did the first time. No chance catching the #1 680m who's running at 1125 :(

Have an A-1 day!

Last edited by 4DoorGTZ; August 21, 2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old August 22, 2013, 07:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
when is the cut off for this contest?
August 31 - so next Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
4DoorGTZ`s Unigine Heaven - Xtreme Preset score: 1637.48 DX11 Marks with a GeForce GTX 680M

No chance on the Nvidia list, but from 768-954 not bad, got 1pt less with 963 but didn't disable all the windows processes I did the first time. No chance catching the #1 680m who's running at 1125 :(
Nice Silver Cup! Congrats - that's an awesome score for a 680M!