Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 10, 2013, 12:27 AM
Trial Member

My System Specs

Default My first OC

I'm relatively new to the whole overclocking process, I've got a pretty nice build that I did while back but never messed around with the settings. I've been having some bios issue with my motherboard but got it worked out so that I could just OC by increasing the multiplier rather than the bus speed not sure if makes a huge difference. When I enable the settings to increase the bus speed my mobo stops detecting my sata drives.

Well anyways I'm gonna post some results of what I have so far. The temps were while running Wprime, prime 95 gets a touch higher seen the highest core hit 70. I'm not to sure how good or bad this at first I would get crashes but turned the voltage from auto to 1.4v Everything seems to be working now
Old June 10, 2013, 09:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

How are you cooling that 990X ? Curious as 4.66 Ghz is an extremely good OC with Gulftown ;)

I was only able to hit 4.35Ghz with my 980X and a Corsair H1100i (AIO) Cooler and maintain reasonable Temps (Low 80's ((Celcius)) ) while stress testing and had to use vCore 1.45v

Can you run through 15 passes of LinX or a few hrs of Prime 95 Small FFT / Blend?