Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16, 2013, 05:12 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default OCing and Xfiing in X-Plane

Been flying about in my virtual plane and hanging out at X-Plane.org. I noticed a post saying that Xfiring has no benefit in X-Plane. So I decided to test that out. Sure enough it is true.

I ran a test, same settings, same airport (used one with photo-realistic scenery - Bella Colla BC) and the same plane, flying the same route. Fired up FRAPS and watched as I flew the plane in three different modes - the HD6670 gpu on it's own, two HD6670's Crossfired and one matched up in AMD's "Dual Graphics" mode with the A10 APU. And it is true. In all three tests I was getting a pretty consistent 30 FPS. This was with mid to high range settings in the rendering options and running at 4800x900 resolution across three screens.

It is disappointing that Xplane is oblivious to the extra graphics power in Xfired cards, but at least my HD6670 is capable of managing to run the program on my three screens.

Here's what it looks like:

for any Xplane pilots curious here are the settings I used:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...68115106_n.jpg

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig

Tags
crossfire , dual graphics , xfire