Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 27, 2013, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Hardware Canucks Overclocking Team

Welcome one and all to the (Not Officially) Official Hardware Canucks Overclocking Team! If you have a passion for making your hardware go harder, better, faster, stronger then you are in the right place...

Introduction

According to Wikipedia, overclocking is “the process of making a computer or component operate faster than the clock frequency specified by the manufacturer by modifying system parameters.” Wiki is undoubtedly correct to call it a “process” – but I think perhaps a more precise characterization would be to call it an “art/science.”

At long last, likeminded overclocking enthusiasts at Hardware Canucks will now have a chance to come together in a competitive yet friendly environment. From the seasoned pro to the OC noob, everybody is welcome to participate, have some fun, and learn a thing or two about a thing or two. The Hardware Canucks Overclocking Team will offer not just an opportunity for competition, but also for collaboration. Push hardware to its limits, compete within your team, and compare your results to those of other overclockers around the world. Sounds like fun... don't it?!?!?

And what better opportunity than to compete as part of the Number 5 Team in the World, as determined by the 2013 Team Cup, a competition of the 75 top overclocking teams internationally!

Joining the Team

Let’s get started! First, you’ll need to sign up for an account at hwbot.org. This is the website that hosts all of the team competitions that we will be having. Follow this link to sign up. You may choose any username you like, but it is important that you join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking Team to participate in our team challenges. Once that’s done – congratulations! You’re now part of the Hardware Canucks Overclocking Team!

The Hardware Canucks Overclocking Team Captain is myself, Dead Things. Feel free to ask me questions, pick my brain, engage me in pillow talk, send me general correspondence and letters of affection, take me out for beers, really most anything at all – I'm pretty open-minded.

Team Competitions

On a regular basis, we will be hosting team competitions open to Hardware Canucks team members. At first, team members will be competing for fun and bragging rights. Eventually, it is hoped that the Hardware Canucks Overclocking Team will generate enough interest that there will be prizes for contest winners. We’re not there yet, though, so don’t get your hopes up.

In addition, contest participants will earn points towards the Championship Cup Series. Truth be told, it’s more of a feather in your cap than an actual cup, per se. Overall Championship Cup Series standings will be posted below and updated throughout the year. At the end of the year, the member with the highest number of points will be crowned the Hardware Canucks Overclocking Team Champion – an honour that only came into existence as I wrote this, and yet is now immediately vaulted into a position of considerable prestige and renown.

Team contests will be hosted here in the Overclocking subforum on Hardware Canucks and contest threads will be stickied so that you can easily find the current contest.

How to Submit a Benchmark Score

Each competition will have different rules and requirements for submitting a benchmark score that will be described in detail in the competition thread. But here are some general instructions for how to enter a competition and submit a score.

Once you have run a benchmark, you will submit it using hwbot.org here. Choose the appropriate benchmark, and click “submit.” Pay close attention to the rules for submitting a score. You have to follow the Hardware Canucks Overclocking Team competition rules, but also the general hwbot.org rules for that particular benchmark. If this seems daunting or confusing in any way – fear not, we are here to help guide you in the right direction. Sure, we may be competing against each other in these challenges, but we are still a team after all!

Once you have submitted your score to hwbot.org, post the link to your submission in the contest thread. At that point, you will have officially entered the contest! Good luck, and may the best overclocker win!

About HWBot.org

HWBot features the world’s only non-stop overclocking competition platform known as the HWBoints rankings. 30,000 overclockers from all over the world compete in a dozen or so of the most popular benchmarks in thousands of hardware categories, resulting in over 550,000 benchmark results, a figure that is increasing by over 500 every day. The benchmark results generate points awarded to both the member’s profile, the team’s profile and the country of origin and based on those points members are ranking in the Overclockers League, Hardware Masters League, Teams League and many more sub-rankings.

Closing Comments

Let’s keep this open and friendly. We are a team first and foremost, and we hope to foster an environment of sharing expertise, experience, insights and knowledge. I know as a community our team has the potential to rise up the worldwide rankings! Please feel free to post any questions, suggestions, and – most importantly – results! Now stop reading and start overclocking!

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!

Last edited by Dead Things; February 6, 2014 at 09:09 PM.
Old February 27, 2013, 07:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Current Contest:

We're kinda sorta in between contests at the moment. Sorry!

---

Current 2014 Championship Cup Series Standings:
(After two events)

1: Dead Things ~ 20 Points
2: Valkyrie ~ 10 Points
2: MacJunky ~ 10 Points
4: MARSTG ~ 1 Point
5: You?

---

Past Champions

2013: G777

---

Past Contest Backgrounds

HWC OC Challenge #1: SuperPi 32M <4.0
HWC OC Challenge #2: All-Out Ice Storm
HWC OC Challenge #3: wPrime UP+MP
HWC OC Challenge #4: Unigine Heaven, Red vs. Green
HWC OC Challenge #5: Intel XTU
HWC OC Challenge #6: SLI '03
HWC OC Challenge #7: February Team Cup Warm-Up
HWC OC Challenge #8: March Team Cup Warm-Up

Last edited by Dead Things; April 16, 2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old February 27, 2013, 07:35 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Currently we are #75 in the world Overclocking, overclocking, and much more! Like overclocking.

Let's see what we can do about moving up the standings
Old February 27, 2013, 09:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dammit people, I am really trying to fend off the upgrade bug and threads like this are certainly not helping.

Remembered that I was already on the team. Currently 19th, might have to get higher than that.

Old February 27, 2013, 09:07 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Dammit people, I am really trying to fend off the upgrade bug and threads like this are certainly not helping.

Remembered that I was already on the team. Currently 19th, might have to get higher than that.
The Team Cup is an excellent chance to break out some older hardware, there are stages going back over a decade HWBOT Team Cup 2013 @ HWBOT
Old February 27, 2013, 10:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'll be in come morning.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old March 1, 2013, 11:59 AM
Allstar

I'm in but i'm not going back to air conditioning or liquid nitrogen. The wife will kill me

CHEERS
Old March 1, 2013, 12:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'll drink to that!

Old March 5, 2013, 12:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Some news... the Hardware Canucks Overclocking Team is currently in the Top-10 worldwide in the 2013 Team Cup: HWBOT Team Cup 2013 @ HWBOT. Go HWC!

Old March 5, 2013, 12:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm in, will look at how I can help this weekend still working on the case design to make it so I can have my super rig going 24/7
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”