Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/overclocking-tweaking-benchmarking/)
-   -   Country Cup 2012 - Do your Country Proud! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/overclocking-tweaking-benchmarking/58019-country-cup-2012-do-your-country-proud.html)

Rasparthe November 22, 2012 04:25 AM

Country Cup 2012 - Do your Country Proud!

Its that time of year again in the overclocking community. HWBOT is hosting the Country Cup to find out which country has the very best overclockers in the world.

Last year, Canada took 9th place :canadianwave:

The important thing with the competition is getting scores in, since in some stages you might need scores from 5 different people to be competitive. There will likely be something for everyone to participate in.

HWBOT Country Cup 2012

Have a look, its started already and get those scores in!

Put together a little list so that people can see where we are missing scores for the competition. Nothing set in stone, of course, just whats put up in the thread. If someone else has already spoken for a stage that you want to put scores up in, please do. If a score gets disaqualified for whatever reason it will automatically revert to the back up. Remember, its much more important to get a score up then to have the absolute best scores, don't worry about the massive overclocks until all stages are covered.

Stages and needed scores:

Stage 1:

Gav777 ***POSTED***

Stage 2:

Geforce 7xxx - Rasparthe ***POSTED***
Geforce 8xxx - Dead Things ***POSTED***
Geforce 9xxx - 69_Goat ***POSTED***

Stage 3:

Sandy Bridge - Rasparthe ***POSTED***
Ivy Bridge - 69_Goat ****POSTED***
Sandy Bridge - E - Gav777 ***POSTED ***

Stage 4:

FM1 - MTP04 **POSTED***
FM2 - G777 **POSTED**
AM3+ - 69_Goat **POSTED***
AM3 - PAPADOC ***POSTED****
AM2+ Rasparthe ****POSTED****

Stage 5:

GT 220 -
GT 320 - Rasparthe ***POSTED***
GT 430 - Valkryie ***POSTED***
GT 530 -
GT 630 - 69_Goat ***POSTED***

Stage 6: 5 different 775 processors

E8500 - SF101 ***POSTED***
Q9550 - LCB001 ***POSTED***
QX9650 - Dead Things ***POSTED****
E6850 - Rasparthe ***POSTED***
E6750 - Crantana ***POSTED***

G777 November 22, 2012 06:27 AM

This should be fun:canadianwave:

I sure wish the bot would be a little clearer on the rules...for stage 1 trinity "Discrete graphics cards are allowed": Does this mean you can use more than one card?

Let's try to better that 9th place finish this year!

Dead Things November 22, 2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasparthe (Post 672496)
Last year, Canada took 9th place :canadianwave:

Ahem, I prefer "tied for 8th." :haha:

Slaughter November 22, 2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Things (Post 672568)
Ahem, I prefer "tied for 8th." :haha:

LoL!

Looking forward to getting on this one in a couple stages. Just need to figure out what CPU's a couple of you guys are planning to use :P

Dead Things November 22, 2012 11:05 AM

Looks like I could conceivably contribute up to four scores.

For #2 - I have a pair of 8800GTS 512's that I've been using in my temporary daily driver. Last time I benched them, they could do 800/1840/1095 together. Even though they're G92, a pair of decent GTXs or Ultras should still do better in 3DM03.

For #4 - I have every AMD socket ever except FM1, FM2 and C32 - so I can help fill in whatever blanks need filling. Since they have to be different "sockets" - I wonder if Slot A qualifies. :haha:

For #5 - I have a GT 430, but it's the PCI version so it'll suck. But, if we're hurting for scores there, I can help get us to five if needed.

For #6 - I've got a few different LGA775 CPUs that I could potentially throw at it including a QX9650, E8500, E8400, E6850 - whatever's needed. Also, I have an ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe, since DDR3 will be crucial for this stage.

Rasparthe November 22, 2012 11:49 AM

I will post a few subs as well but will work around whatever everyone else has up. It is critically important to fill each stage with subs. In a stage that requires 5 subs, countries that have only 4 subs, no matter how good, will be scored below a country with the complete 5 subs.

1 - I have a Trinity but no real good graphics card, someone with both might be better but I'll get something up if needed.

2 - Not really anything here, I don't generally do much with 3D and the lack of video cards to prove it. I do have a 8800GT and a GTX laying around and maybe a 7800 but nothing in 9 series.

3 - Confusing about what they mean by 3 different cores... i3? i5? i7? or Sandy and Ivy and...?

4 - I also have a bunch of different AMD sockets, I guess we should be looking for AM3+, AM3, FM2, AM2+ and FM1? I can do FM1 or fill in whatever is needed.

5 - Of course, it couldn't be Geforce 210... LOL I have a few of those cards. I'll look for a 320 since its probably the most rare unless someone has one kicking around.

6 - Lots of 775, I'll see what kind of odd chip I have laying around to put up something.

Good luck everyone!

Dead Things November 22, 2012 12:55 PM

Recruitment thread has been posted on NCIX: NCIX FORUMS - Canadian Overclockers Unite!

Dead Things November 22, 2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasparthe (Post 672595)
5 - Of course, it couldn't be Geforce 210... LOL I have a few of those cards. I'll look for a 320 since its probably the most rare unless someone has one kicking around.

Nvidia GeForce GT320 1GB DDR3 V/D/HDMI Video Card NEW Open | eBay

Who wants to bet Massman is in cahoots with the seller? :haha:

edit - Anybody in Ottawa? Nvidia Geforce Gt 530 - Ottawa Computer Parts For Sale - Kijiji Ottawa Canada.

Eldonko November 22, 2012 01:08 PM

I can help with stage 3 I think.

Rasparthe November 22, 2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Things (Post 672619)
Nvidia GeForce GT320 1GB DDR3 V/D/HDMI Video Card NEW Open | eBay

Who wants to bet Massman is in cahoots with the seller? :haha:

Hehe I bought that card, so I hope that no one else did. LOL. I'm in for GT 320!