Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 4, 2012, 04:07 AM
MVP

Nice score Valkyrie. You should try and show the subscores as well as the overall score. Not sure if its required with the link you provided but it is part of the rules. Just good habit for your screenshots. Looks good though and I updated OP.
Old December 4, 2012, 05:22 AM
Top Prospect

I tried doing soem Bclk with my UP7 and 3770K but it was absolute crap. Not sure whats holding me back, i know i was able to do around 108 with my UP5 and 3570K a few months ago. sadly i dont have that hardware anymore.
Anyone got any pointers for bclk overclocking?
Old December 4, 2012, 06:15 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbster View Post
I tried doing soem Bclk with my UP7 and 3770K but it was absolute crap. Not sure whats holding me back, i know i was able to do around 108 with my UP5 and 3570K a few months ago. sadly i dont have that hardware anymore.
Wish I could help you. I maxed out at 106 on my MIV Gene-Z before I raged, tried to update the bios and am currently in the process of setting up an RMA.

It's been a hell of a week for me. Might just stop trying for a few days and come back next week fresh. :P

Can't get my FX-4100 to boot on my UD7, Can't get my REX to boot anything but P4's and then the Gene to top it all off.
Old December 4, 2012, 06:56 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbster View Post
I had a quick try with my UD5H/3770K, got to 108 before lock up. I disabled anything unnecessary in the bios, disabled hyperthreading, enabled only 2 cores, forced gen2 for the pci-e, loosened ram timings & speed & bumped some voltages. From there I booted to windows and used GTL to set bclk.

Hope this helps, good luck:)
Attached Images

Old December 4, 2012, 10:28 AM
Top Prospect

@ Rasparthe: Thanks and I did fix that up better in a subsequent update. I think it's showing everything correctly now.

This G41 board is not fun to get clockspeed with. I know they're not great for overclocking, but it was all I could obtain at the time. I will keep trying to tweak it up. I don't know if my SuperPi32 scores will be worth putting in. Don't want to throw an anchor into the mix.
Old December 4, 2012, 11:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Don't want to throw an anchor into the mix.
Throw it in! If it can be beat, it will be. But until then, it is certainly a benefit to make sure that we fill all the gaps we can. Also note that SuperPi 32M relies heavily on ram, so even though G41 may not be the best overclocker, it will make up for some of that thanks to the DDR3.

By the way, is this the same Valkyrie from the NCIX folding team?

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old December 4, 2012, 11:35 AM
Top Prospect

Same. This overclocking/benching/fiddling is cutting into my folding time, which is what this board usually spends all of it's time on. Oh well....

I should add....congrats on the half bill DT. You're carrying the team...

Last edited by Valkyrie; December 4, 2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: ps
Old December 4, 2012, 06:24 PM
Top Prospect

Default Super PI 32

Well I put in a Super PI 32 result. Brought our average score up, but only 2 more submissions to fill the stage. I'll work on improving it. Hopefully there are some hot chip owners out there that can pick up the slack.

If anyone has had success OC'ing the Asus P5G41-M LX Plus I'm all ears. I have not been able to get it "bench" stable at much over 3.2 GHz so far, but it will fold forever at 3.1 GHz no problem at all. I'm pretty sure it's not my Q6600 that's holding it back.
Old December 4, 2012, 06:58 PM
MVP

It matters much more that all the subs are made, then we can worry about improving them. Got my 2x 7800 GTX today, of course, 1 of them doesn't work. Anyone got any ideas, I've tried just about everything but the board won't even get through POST when its alone and in SLI it won't make it into the Windows. Freezes on Windows loading. If I'm in Safe Mode, it will boot if I'm in SLI (output on other card) and it recognizes both cards but won't boot normally. Guess I'll keep looking for a another 7800 GTX...
Old December 4, 2012, 07:59 PM
Top Prospect

It's too bad they didn't go right back to the 6 series as I have a 6800 Ultra that works fine. It is retired and sitting in a box.