Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28, 2012, 07:39 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like my e6750 might be dead so I might give my e6600 a run as soon as I can source some LN2 hopefully otherwise I'll pick up some DICE at some point. I don't want to run out and buy an e8xxx if we have enough to cover them and I'm not willing or able to drop some coin on a QX9xxx.

I'm also trying to find a cheap GPU pot so I can give a GT 430 a run. :P
Old November 28, 2012, 08:47 AM
MVP

Finding LN2 is easy enough, paying for the prices is what hurts. The 9xxx aren't really needed, Super PI is single threaded so having the extra threads isn't necessary, your best bet is a Wolfedale chip, no matter the model number. I have an e8600, if needed although I will probably try with an e3xxx first, and SF101 posted an e8500 already, so the 8xxx are probably covered unless you can find a cheap 8400
Old November 28, 2012, 09:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sign me up to run the SPi32 on a QX9650. Can do about 4.8 with water. Water's as cold as I get I'm afraid.

And Slaughter - depending on what we need to fill out the rest of our scores, you can use my E8400 or E6850 for the SPi32 stage if you like.

Looks like I won't be using the SR-2 for the Vantage stage after all. Died spontaneously two nights ago after many months of folding. I've been trying to revive it, but no success so far. Will try a few more things tonight, but it's starting to look like it has already punched its ticket to RMAville. Figures.

Other piece of "good" news: The website from which I ordered the GT 530 canceled my order, saying the item had been discontinued. But then later that very same day, that very same webstore posts a kijiji ad for that very same GT 530. Now they are not responding to any of my emails or voicemails. Nice.

Lastly, bought a 2600k from a guy on [H] in the U.S. Hoping to get it in time to post a halfway acceptable 3DM03 score with the 8800s - if not then a 920 will have to do.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old November 28, 2012, 09:20 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post
Finding LN2 is easy enough, paying for the prices is what hurts. The 9xxx aren't really needed, Super PI is single threaded so having the extra threads isn't necessary, your best bet is a Wolfedale chip, no matter the model number. I have an e8600, if needed although I will probably try with an e3xxx first, and SF101 posted an e8500 already, so the 8xxx are probably covered unless you can find a cheap 8400
Sorry.. That's what I meant. LoL. Finding it for a decent price is definitely the challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Sign me up to run the SPi32 on a QX9650. Can do about 4.8 with water. Water's as cold as I get I'm afraid.

And Slaughter - depending on what we need to fill out the rest of our scores, you can use my E8400 or E6850 for the SPi32 stage if you like.

Looks like I won't be using the SR-2 for the Vantage stage after all. Died spontaneously two nights ago after many months of folding. I've been trying to revive it, but no success so far. Will try a few more things tonight, but it's starting to look like it has already punched its ticket to RMAville. Figures.

Other piece of "good" news: The website from which I ordered the GT 530 canceled my order, saying the item had been discontinued. But then later that very same day, that very same webstore posts a kijiji ad for that very same GT 530. Now they are not responding to any of my emails or voicemails. Nice.

Lastly, bought a 2600k from a guy on [H] in the U.S. Hoping to get it in time to post a halfway acceptable 3DM03 score with the 8800s - if not then a 920 will have to do.
Ouch! That sucks with the SR2 and the GPU :( Looks like that one is going to be tough to find.

When are you going to move on to some dice/ln2 benching? ;) LoL
Old November 28, 2012, 09:48 AM
MVP

eBay sellers are actually getting worse. I had a guy sell a board to me, Soyo Slot 1, free shipping. Emails me that he made a mistake, he didn't mean for it to be free shipping, do I want a refund. No, I want my board we can work it out. I give him $10 for the shipping and offer him to send it to my parents in Florida to save him the extra cost of going to Canada. Week later, my board was "stolen" from their warehouse. Did the 530 mysteriously go up in price?

Dead Things isn't going to go subzero and wreck that #1 in Enthusiast title!

Found $3L LN2, will probably have to jump on it. Best so far and my FM2 board is acting up, figures!
Old November 28, 2012, 10:39 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Not having much luck on the local Craigslist, so I went and bought a GT 630

Hopefully we can get enough people interested and put up a full-pull of scores!
Old November 28, 2012, 03:59 PM
MVP

the best bet is to visit the other big hw sites classifieds and tell them who you are in pm. have heatware and buy the item.

lots of honest sellers out there in the big forums and most have good reputations and don't gouge you.

I7 930@4.0ghz
3770K@ 4.8ghz
2500k @ 4.7ghz

SF101 HW BOT
Old November 29, 2012, 04:17 AM
MVP

Stage 3 has filled up! Someone has to be able to improve on that Sandy Bride score, its bringing the whole team down

Last edited by Rasparthe; November 29, 2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old November 29, 2012, 04:41 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

One down, five more to go! I can better my SB-E score, I spent most of the time trying to boot from the 166mhz strap
Old November 29, 2012, 05:32 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I'm going to give SB another go tonight but I couldn't get past 106.