Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 14, 2012, 09:09 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
This is the option I went with.

Still not an awful score in terms of efficiency, but this chip is capable of about 150 MHz more on water. Pretty disappointed in this P5Q3, so I'm done with it for now. Onto 3DM03!
If you want to give it a go on my REX then by all means..
Old December 15, 2012, 04:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
If you want to give it a go on my REX then by all means..
Thanks for the offer slots. I could only get a max of about 4.7-ish out of this particular chip on my old rex too. My P5Q-E does real well with it, though, which is why I was hoping for better out of the P5Q3.

Are you going to do something for Stage 6? I have an E8400 you can use if you like...

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old December 19, 2012, 10:34 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Anyone have a GT220 they are looking to run?
Old December 19, 2012, 01:06 PM
Top Prospect

There is one posted Dec. 3 on Kijiji Montreal asking $22.00.

I have 2 GT 430's. An EVGA and a PNY. So far the EVGA is the faster of the two in spite of a less massive heatsink. I suppose I should try volt modding the faster card to push it further. The PNY runs about 10 C cooler folding.

The limited OC ability of my Asus G41 board isn't helping either in spite of the weighting to GPU in Vantage. Someone with a really fast Sandy or Ivy should grab the 220 and cook it!
Old December 20, 2012, 05:36 AM
MVP

One in Toronto for $35 I see as well. Still need one more AMD as well, that shouldn't be hard to post up. I have a AM2+ chip if someone wants to put up an FM1 score. Otherwise I'll see what I can do to overclock my HTPC
Old December 20, 2012, 07:22 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Falling behind a bit!

Ironically, while I have TONS of hardware, none of it aligns with the postings we still need. :(
Old December 20, 2012, 07:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post
One in Toronto for $35 I see as well. Still need one more AMD as well, that shouldn't be hard to post up. I have a AM2+ chip if someone wants to put up an FM1 score. Otherwise I'll see what I can do to overclock my HTPC
I'll be done the with the 88GTS score tonight - just trying to get over the 90k threshold. Once that's out of the way, I can do something with my AM2+ 7850BE if you want to focus on the FM1 score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Falling behind a bit!

Ironically, while I have TONS of hardware, none of it aligns with the postings we still need. :(
This has been a common refrain from most of the teams this year. While I personally am a strong supporter of branching out into less common ground and not just benching the same old hardware every time, I think things got taken a little too far with the OEM-only hardware requirements of Stage 5.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old December 20, 2012, 07:54 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post
This guy is just a bit down the road from me. I might pick it up just in case.
Old December 20, 2012, 07:59 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
I'll be done the with the 88GTS score tonight - just trying to get over the 90k threshold. Once that's out of the way, I can do something with my AM2+ 7850BE if you want to focus on the FM1 score.

This has been a common refrain from most of the teams this year. While I personally am a strong supporter of branching out into less common ground and not just benching the same old hardware every time, I think things got taken a little too far with the OEM-only hardware requirements of Stage 5.
Nice, I'll see what I can do with the FM1 chip then. At least everyone seems to have the same problems getting Stage 5 results. You could just buy an entire PC
Old December 20, 2012, 08:42 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I'm a bit unclear about Stage 5's limitations. Can someone explain a bit more?