Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 2, 2012, 06:43 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default msi afterburner or nvidia software

Ok I got an msi gtx 670 and I am just playing with clock speeds and stuff. I got the clock speeds in msi afterburner right where i want them but, the problem is nvidia performence, fermark, and gpu z are reporting deferent speeds than what i have set in msi afterburner. Its following the clock speeds set in the nvidia performance menu and i dont know how to follow afterburners settings.

resolved

Last edited by ravenger; November 2, 2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old November 3, 2012, 09:13 AM
Rookie

I have never used any other softwhere except the nvidia drivers anything else is just another layer on top of the drivers...my two cents
Old November 3, 2012, 09:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Are these under load? IIRC the 6** series don't clock up until it's needed and within the power requirements set.
Old November 3, 2012, 09:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenger View Post
Ok I got an msi gtx 670 and I am just playing with clock speeds and stuff. I got the clock speeds in msi afterburner right where i want them but, the problem is nvidia performence, fermark, and gpu z are reporting deferent speeds than what i have set in msi afterburner. Its following the clock speeds set in the nvidia performance menu and i dont know how to follow afterburners settings.

resolved
go into nvidia control panel and change the performance setting from adaptive to performance
Old November 3, 2012, 02:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Ok, so furmark and kombuster report 1319mhz core and the correct memory but gpuz is still reporting the wrong core speeds, mem speeds, and boost speeds. When i run furmark or kombuster then check gpu-z sensors it says max speeds were 1319 mhz core and and 1652 memclock which is correct. Still in the gpu-z main menu which shows all the graphic card info it says its set to 1125 gpu clock and 1203 with boost. The mem clock is correct though with 1652. Gpu-z and nvidia control panel are the only ones that read different speeds than what i have set in afterburner so far.