Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13, 2012, 10:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Giga Z68m-d2h oc

Okay so tomorrow i was planning on overclocking my cpu to check out my performance in GW2 overclocked. I looked up some guides but they really give mixed results. Some say just overclock turbo core others say run at high speeds all the time, some say manual voltage, some say stock voltage and some say let it auto volt.

Really with all the.mixed messages i thought i would try and get some consensus here. I realize my board will probably be short on options since it is a budget matx board but my target is only 4.0-4.2 ghz if i could do 4.0 on stock voltages i would probably just stop there. I was also hoping someone who had first hand knowledge of the boards bios could help me as i was planning on spending the morning exploring it before i went for an oc. My system specs are in the dropdown menu and i generally run 28c idle and 48c on load so i have a bunch of temperature room to play with.

Any help is much appreciated.
Old May 14, 2012, 07:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

A good idea would be to start reading with the review here on HWC about the CPU and take it from there. Also, see in general what is the highest safe voltage you can give to the CPU, I would say in short disable turbo option and ran it first at 4.0 GHz, it should go fine. After 4 GHz try it in increments of 100MHz and test for stability. I heard Prime95 is pretty good for stability testing, or you can also try to fold something. Let us know how it works.