Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2, 2008, 11:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thanks to everyone whom has been so extremely informative (and patient), with my onslaught of questions!!!
I really do feel I have a better understanding of the process, although many many more questions!
Today was good, got the Zalman installed, OC'd to 3.6 Ghz!
- vCore 2.750 (for now, may go bewteen that and 2.500 tomorrow)
- FSB 1600 Mhz Multiplier 9x
-Memory (Unlinked) 2GB 4-4-4-12 1T @2.1v

Evga 8800GTX (a little OC Fan @ 75%)
- Core 625Mhz
-Memory 2.044 Ghz
-Shaders 1.504 Ghz
Temperatures: 51c Idle 67 - 69c Load

Ran Prime95 version 25.6 Small FTT for 3 hrs, no errors.
Load temps:
Core 1 48c
Core 2 51c
Amazing, my Load temps yesterday with Stock HSF @ 3.4 Ghz were 63 - 67c, what a drop!

Curious though...my idle Temps of my Cores are always 42c, whether Stock HSF or Zalman...is that just the way it is?

Thanks again!

Old April 3, 2008, 12:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Forgot to mention that I did manage a 13,350 3D Mark06.....gotta figure out how to get my Desktop images uploaded....
Tried yesterday and I believe my Resolution was too high ....

Old April 3, 2008, 12:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Forgot to mention that I did manage a 13,350 3D Mark06.....gotta figure out how to get my Desktop images uploaded....
Tried yesterday and I believe my Resolution was too high ....
Nice score! I think you're ready for the next step! Drop your multiplier to 8 and set your FSB to 500! Set your vCore to 1.30V. Guess what this gives you?

Right 4.0GHz!

You might want to 'up' the north & south bridge voltages one notch...for extra stability! Let us know how it goes!

Ps. What kind of thermal paste did you use?
Pps. If the resolution from your screen shots is too high...you can make those pics smaller in 'Paint' and then upload then in VB Image Host. This is the image hosting service we have and it's easy!
Old April 3, 2008, 12:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yes I tried re-sizing in Paint and it keeps telling me that its too large..? I pasted the Desktop image into Paint, resized the damn thing till it was almost the size of a hockey card, then "saved as" Jpeg, but still too big (size) , not file size (only about 50kb....
Anyhow, you say drop the multiplier to 8x.....then increase my FSB to 2000 Mhz...whoo
Could you not leave the Multiplier at 9x and bump up the FSB to 1800Mhz?

therefor 1800/4 x 9 = 4.05Ghz....

As for the Voltages on my Southbridge / Northbridge...those I still have not touched, presently on "Auto", not really sure where to even begin with those?

Old April 3, 2008, 01:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Lets try this....

Attachment 1875

Last edited by rjbarker; September 13, 2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old April 3, 2008, 01:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

One more try...sorry folks!

Attachment 1876

Last edited by rjbarker; September 13, 2008 at 10:29 AM.