Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 5, 2012, 08:18 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default i7-970 OC

Hi I think im about ready to overclock this bad boy but I need to know what voltages I need to pay attention to and how I know thats the one i have that needs to be increased in order to be stable.
Is there any safety setting that need to be enabled disabled for a succesful OC?
Old April 5, 2012, 08:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Heres a little helping hand, first, chaeck the RAM packaging, and make sure timings, and RAM voltages(usually 1.65v for 1366 triple channel kits)are set right. Next your other settings, here's a quick and dirty overclock I usually use to get 1366 stuff to 4.0. vcore-1.28v- (up to 1.45v if needed)
CPU VTT-+100mv
QPI PLL vcore-1.35v
IOH vcore-1.2v
ICH vcore-1.2v
enable Load Line Calibration
disable speed step
disable spread spectrum
disable virtualization
disable C1E (if unstable)
QPI freq. 4.800GT/S
then set multi to 21-25X and base clock accordingly.
Old April 5, 2012, 09:19 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

hey thanks this is exactly what i was looking for but dont i need a unlocked processor to change the multilier or does it allow a small change
Old April 6, 2012, 09:45 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenger View Post
hey thanks this is exactly what i was looking for but dont i need a unlocked processor to change the multilier or does it allow a small change
As I remember, you can use up to 24-25X(not sure if turbo was pushing it to 25X) then just set your base clock accordingly.