Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 15, 2012, 03:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default HardwareCanucks HWBOT team

Just wondering if any of the admin/mod types had considered doing a little more to promote the HWC team, perhaps a sticky in the Overclocking section with a link to hwbot, it would be nice to see more activity!

After all, we do have the #1 enthusiast overclocker in the world... Dead ThingsOverclocking, overclocking, and much more! Like overclocking.

Anyways, just a thought:)

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old March 15, 2012, 05:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

that's cool i had no idea DT was this into it thanks
Old March 15, 2012, 05:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm sure a sticky could be arranged, but first it'd be great if somebody who's involved with HWBOT would start a new thread with the appropriate links. I had a look at the one We're currently using, but it's an old thread with all of the image URLs in the first post broken which wouldn't work well as a stickied thread.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
Old March 15, 2012, 05:52 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I'm sure a sticky could be arranged, but first it'd be great if somebody who's involved with HWBOT would start a new thread with the appropriate links. I had a look at the one We're currently using, but it's an old thread with all of the image URLs in the first post broken which wouldn't work well as a stickied thread.
Well perhaps Dead Things, well spoken fellow that he is, will offer to put something together

As far as I can tell the member who was originally the team captain, Wankerfx is no longer active. You can have multiple captains though iirc. If no one volunteers, I will try to put something together if people are interested.

In the mean time a new team competition just started the MSi Legend of R7000 series MSI Legend of R7000 series Team Contest @ HWBOT

Also congrats to kirbster for finishing 10th in the just completed Gigabyte Spring Extreme Competition

Team Thread
Old March 17, 2012, 04:15 PM
Rookie

Over at OCN having monthly benchmarking competitions has done well for getting more members involved, an in-forum competition involving most hwbot points gained with a cpu or gpu can add quite a few boints to a team.
Old March 17, 2012, 04:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I never seen this until today lol.
Old March 19, 2012, 02:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtW View Post
Over at OCN having monthly benchmarking competitions has done well for getting more members involved, an in-forum competition involving most hwbot points gained with a cpu or gpu can add quite a few boints to a team.
I think OCN does a really good job in that regard, what I had in mind was something similar but on a smaller scale. I'm having fun in the March JiggaWatts Race, your advice helped:) (Gav777 on OCN)

Do you know what functionality the team captain has on the bot? The present one seems to be mia

Team Thread
Old March 19, 2012, 06:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by G777 View Post
I think OCN does a really good job in that regard, what I had in mind was something similar but on a smaller scale. I'm having fun in the March JiggaWatts Race, your advice helped:) (Gav777 on OCN)

Do you know what functionality the team captain has on the bot? The present one seems to be mia
Not a whole lot, team captains can change whether anyone can join a team or password only, mod team member scores, ban members, promote members to captain, & change team options (country, website home, custom flag, etc.).
Old March 21, 2012, 07:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Sometimes all it takes is a reminder.....

-I am now reminded

:)

edit: 2yrs now with this laptop and I still cant submit my "reference cock" cuz the database doesnt know what my motherboard is..... I dont know what my motherboard is..... its just the motherboard from a Clevo D900F based laptop, sigh..... CPU-Z Validator 3.1

Have an A-1 day!

Last edited by 4DoorGTZ; March 21, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old March 28, 2012, 02:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
I still cant submit my "reference cock"
Not sure hwbot.org is the right website for that sort of content...

Follow my benching, folding, mining and miscellaneous shenanigans @dt_oc