Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 15, 2012, 03:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default HardwareCanucks HWBOT team

Just wondering if any of the admin/mod types had considered doing a little more to promote the HWC team, perhaps a sticky in the Overclocking section with a link to hwbot, it would be nice to see more activity!

After all, we do have the #1 enthusiast overclocker in the world... Dead ThingsOverclocking, overclocking, and much more! Like overclocking.

Anyways, just a thought:)

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old March 15, 2012, 05:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

that's cool i had no idea DT was this into it thanks
Old March 15, 2012, 05:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm sure a sticky could be arranged, but first it'd be great if somebody who's involved with HWBOT would start a new thread with the appropriate links. I had a look at the one We're currently using, but it's an old thread with all of the image URLs in the first post broken which wouldn't work well as a stickied thread.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old March 15, 2012, 05:52 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I'm sure a sticky could be arranged, but first it'd be great if somebody who's involved with HWBOT would start a new thread with the appropriate links. I had a look at the one We're currently using, but it's an old thread with all of the image URLs in the first post broken which wouldn't work well as a stickied thread.
Well perhaps Dead Things, well spoken fellow that he is, will offer to put something together

As far as I can tell the member who was originally the team captain, Wankerfx is no longer active. You can have multiple captains though iirc. If no one volunteers, I will try to put something together if people are interested.

In the mean time a new team competition just started the MSi Legend of R7000 series MSI Legend of R7000 series Team Contest @ HWBOT

Also congrats to kirbster for finishing 10th in the just completed Gigabyte Spring Extreme Competition

Team Thread
Old March 17, 2012, 04:15 PM
Rookie

Over at OCN having monthly benchmarking competitions has done well for getting more members involved, an in-forum competition involving most hwbot points gained with a cpu or gpu can add quite a few boints to a team.
Old March 17, 2012, 04:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I never seen this until today lol.
Old March 19, 2012, 02:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtW View Post
Over at OCN having monthly benchmarking competitions has done well for getting more members involved, an in-forum competition involving most hwbot points gained with a cpu or gpu can add quite a few boints to a team.
I think OCN does a really good job in that regard, what I had in mind was something similar but on a smaller scale. I'm having fun in the March JiggaWatts Race, your advice helped:) (Gav777 on OCN)

Do you know what functionality the team captain has on the bot? The present one seems to be mia

Team Thread
Old March 19, 2012, 06:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by G777 View Post
I think OCN does a really good job in that regard, what I had in mind was something similar but on a smaller scale. I'm having fun in the March JiggaWatts Race, your advice helped:) (Gav777 on OCN)

Do you know what functionality the team captain has on the bot? The present one seems to be mia
Not a whole lot, team captains can change whether anyone can join a team or password only, mod team member scores, ban members, promote members to captain, & change team options (country, website home, custom flag, etc.).
Old March 21, 2012, 07:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Sometimes all it takes is a reminder.....

-I am now reminded

:)

edit: 2yrs now with this laptop and I still cant submit my "reference cock" cuz the database doesnt know what my motherboard is..... I dont know what my motherboard is..... its just the motherboard from a Clevo D900F based laptop, sigh..... CPU-Z Validator 3.1

Have an A-1 day!

Last edited by 4DoorGTZ; March 21, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old March 28, 2012, 02:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
I still cant submit my "reference cock"
Not sure hwbot.org is the right website for that sort of content...

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!