Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 22, 2008, 08:36 PM
MVP
F@H

Default Is this RAM a good overclocker?

alright so i've been on the NCIX forums for a few months now (Kleezy) and have been coming back to HWC every now and then (especially for the reviews!)

now im ready for the my first build, which will be built for my brother.

the system specs im currently looking at are:
-DFI B.I.P35-T2RL
-Q6600
-Coolmaster CM690-XFX GeForce 8800GT XT 512MB 640MHZ 1.9GHZ GDDR3
-Corsair 620HX
-Thermalright Ultra 120 heatsink
-Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB 2X2GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-12 EPP Dual Channel Memory Kit
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 3.5IN 500GB SATA2
along with a few case fans and 2 opticals

I would like to get a decent overclock out of this build and was recommended the DFI motherboard. I've been hearing that DFI is the best overclocking Mobo's so i went with this. I don't know about the RAM though, is it a decent overclocker? does anyone have personal experiences they can share?

My second main concern would be does the Ultra 120 fit inside the CM690? how much clearance is there? and would i be able to still be able to put a fan in the side of the case over the HSF?Sorry if this wasn't put in the right section.

Thanks in advance

P.S. Though there is no fixed budget on this PC i would like the parts to stay all within the same price range...my brother would be in debt for the rest of his life if i let him on this one computer lol.