Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 16, 2012, 01:59 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
To clear Cmos did you simply removed the battery or did you do what is in the user manuel, which is most of the time unplug power cord, move the Cmos jumper to pin 2-3 for about 10 sec, replace jumper and reboot? If you only remove battery bios will still keep setting saved.
Took the battery out because im pretty sure my motherboard doesn't have a jumper.Im using the Gigabyte 880GA-UD35.

EDIT:So i had a look at my motherboard manual and i do have 2 pins for a jumped but a jumped never came with my mother so i put a screwdriver next to it for a couple of seconds.I unplugged my computer aswell but i see no difference.I even just took the CPU and heatsink out and put them back in but it starts for a split second again.Thinking i might just have to get a new CPU and motherboard.Was thinking about going LGA 1155 with a i7.Guess this is probably the best excuse to get it

Last edited by TomMiller; January 16, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old January 16, 2012, 02:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

do u have a speaker you can attach to the motherboard to listen for beep codes?
Old January 16, 2012, 02:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioneater View Post
do u have a speaker you can attach to the motherboard to listen for beep codes?
Yeah i connected a speaker to it but i got no beeps just the split second of the fans coming on.It powers my graphic card fan aswell as the 3 fans in my 600T
Old January 16, 2012, 03:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Can we have your compelte system spec please?

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 16, 2012, 03:25 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Odd. That's a Dual BIOS board. If something goes wrong it should default to the backup BIOS.

Here's your Clear CMOS locations as well as some instructions from GB:

Old January 16, 2012, 03:26 PM
Rookie

AMD Phenom II X6 1090t
Corsair XMS3 1600mhz
Corsair GS600 PSU
Samsung F3 spinpoint HDD
AMD Radeon 6850
880GA-UD3H
Some optical drive
Corsair H60.Pretty sure im not missing anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Odd. That's a Dual BIOS board. If something goes wrong it should default to the backup BIOS.

Here's your Clear CMOS locations as well as some instructions from GB:

Thats what i thought and i tried the jumpers but i didn't actually have a jumped so i put a screwdriver next to the pins for 5 seconds
Old January 16, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Your board have onboard video, I would recomend to try to run without the GPU, only a stick of memory, no harddrive or anything else. Only the strict minimum to get a post.
The problem you are listing us is most likley caused by the PSU. If you have a friend that can help you with a PSU for a minut or two it would be awesome. Or if you have a second system at home. No need to be a 600W PSU since you would test only with minimum part.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 16, 2012, 09:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Listen... you need to unplug EVERYTHING and only use the speaker. IF it doesn't turn on and stay on with a ton of beeping the mobo is dead. It's really that simple...

Who cares if you don't have thermal paste? If the board is dead not having thermal paste is a moot point. IF it makes noise I will personally mail you thermal paste tomorrow.

YOu can still do all the other tests without the cpu in the board... it will not hurt anything.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old January 17, 2012, 03:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Your board have onboard video, I would recomend to try to run without the GPU, only a stick of memory, no harddrive or anything else. Only the strict minimum to get a post.
The problem you are listing us is most likley caused by the PSU. If you have a friend that can help you with a PSU for a minut or two it would be awesome. Or if you have a second system at home. No need to be a 600W PSU since you would test only with minimum part.
+1

agreed more or less

dismantle the hole computer kind of thing and run it only off min hardware at -75% normal speed {ram cpu} one video card only {pci 2meg} disable all onbord hardware, use a live boot cd for a different os or command line kind of setup.

anything in the bios that has to do with auto overclock anything disable it

run the computer only on 1 stick of ram mobo + different video card only.and see what happens and yes get the pc speaker going.

rotate ram sticks as needed or user other ram.