Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30, 2011, 01:52 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default phenom ii 1100T overclock

Hey linus,

i have an AMD phenom ii 1100T at stock speeds and i was wondering how can i overclock it. I have an 850w corsair TX psu and an H80 cooler for my cpu. If you can tell me how to overclock it safely and to be stable with no issues because i tried to overclock it before doing the same voltages and speeds as someone from youtube and when i booted up my pc i couldn't connect to the internet for some reason :/ i then put it back to stock speeds and it was working.

Please help me to overclock it and as about how much GHz i want it i don't mind just tell me what u recommend for my system so it can be stable thank you :)
Old November 30, 2011, 04:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

it would help allot of you listed you Specs even list the Motherboard and ram
Old December 1, 2011, 10:52 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Asus crosshair V formula
phenom ii 1100T
H80
kingston hyper X 8GB 1600 (2x4gb)
asus direct cuII gtx 560 (non TI)
corsair TX850W
WD caviar black 500G 7200rpm
ocz 60gb vertex 2
Old December 3, 2011, 09:25 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

You might be interested to read this..... New PSU and x6 1090T OC adventure

Your MOBO is stronger then mine so you should easily be able to better that, i would be intrested to see your wPrime 32M results.

Last edited by Frakk; December 3, 2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old December 3, 2011, 09:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavriskia View Post
Hey linus,

i have an AMD phenom ii 1100T at stock speeds and i was wondering how can i overclock it. I have an 850w corsair TX psu and an H80 cooler for my cpu. If you can tell me how to overclock it safely and to be stable with no issues because i tried to overclock it before doing the same voltages and speeds as someone from youtube and when i booted up my pc i couldn't connect to the internet for some reason :/ i then put it back to stock speeds and it was working.

Please help me to overclock it and as about how much GHz i want it i don't mind just tell me what u recommend for my system so it can be stable thank you :)

Believe it or not some motherboards sometimes actually disable the Network Controller on the mobo when you make major changes to the cpu frequency. Mine has done this in the past so you might wanna check to see that it hasn't been disabled during your tweaking / saving of the bios.

Actually now that I re-read this thread I have the exact same board as you and it does disable the onboard network as you tweak stuff. Make sure to check that it hasn't set your ram to ECC enabled too this will obviously cause problems if your ram isn't ecc.

And make sure you use the save bios feature as you tweak. I used the ROG stuff from my laptop to tweak the overclock and find the most stable situation. I had mine at 3.9 solid at 1.35v-1.4v

bump up your vdda or something
increase the volts to the memory channel too. I have 1600mhz ram but I had more luck running it at 1333 and then using the fsb to increase the OC on the cpu and the ram simultaniously.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.

Last edited by clshades; December 3, 2011 at 10:42 AM.