Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23, 2011, 10:34 PM
Rookie

Default harddrive / overclocking help

Hello anyone who can help me :)

Recently i have removed all my harddrives sata and power cables to re cable manage them, i then pluged them back in all nice and now two of my drives wont show up in my computer or disk management.
i tryed changing around cables but the same drives still wont show up.

Also

I recently got a noctua D-14 and i wondering how high you would recommend
overclocking my i5 750 (stock 2.67) for 24/7 use.

Cheers for any advice,

Commandonz
Old November 24, 2011, 06:28 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Have you checked in BIOS to see if the drives show up? If they're not appearing in your Hard Drives selections in BIOS you could either have bad drives or bad SATA cables. Double check your power cables too.
Old November 24, 2011, 02:36 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Or try swapping the cables around a bit, sometimes(though it shouldnt) having the wrong cable in the wrong ports can cause drives not to appear, and do make sure as other person said that cables are well seated, sometimes a little wiggle is enough to make them "talk" to the system again :P

As far as the cpu, 70c or below load temps, but each cpu overclocks differently, it all depend son many many things, a good speed though to keep it simple would be 3.4-3.6-3.8-4.0+Ghz, just mind your voltages and load temps and read read read, knowhow can not be given it has to be learned first :)
Old November 24, 2011, 06:30 PM
Rookie

Default thanks

thanks for your advice guys im slowly working my way through all my drives and checking sata cables and connections i got an error when starting up saying missing NTLDR also.

Tags
harddrive , overclocking