Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 22, 2011, 04:45 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Smile To introduce myself

Hello.

I found this site googling Wprime benchmark results, i wanted to compare results of my 1090T to i5 / i7's
I'm in no way expecting to match 2500 / 2600K's but was interested to see how close my results get considering the CPU is somewhat cheaper.

I see there are Wprime benchmark threads here but they are for 32nm CPU's, my CPU is an old fashioned 45nm, are there any 'just CPU' benchmark threads? if not i may start one.

However right now my rig is feckless at overclocking due to my crappy PSU, i did manage to get my 1090T to run @ 3.9Ghz but it did not take long for my PSU to protect its self from death by Heat-Stroke in shutting its self down, it took 2 minutes for it to cool before my computer came back to life.

Anyway, just two notches on the clock multiplier is all the PSU can handle before it has a fit, so the CPU is running @ 3.4Ghz up from 3.2.

I will be getting an XFX 650 Pro or Thermaltake 675 PSU in a couple of weeks, i hope that will give me 4.2Ghz or more on the CPU.

As it is at 3.4Ghz the Wprime result was 8.622 sec

I think that's not bad at all for a 130 ($200) CPU. what do you think?
Attached Images

Last edited by Frakk; November 22, 2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old November 22, 2011, 04:56 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I think you did quite well considering your PSU wasn't up to the task. I'd be interested to see what you'll be able to achieve with your beefier PSU. Although I would opt for a larger PSU not just for over clocking but for future expandability. You maybe able to get by for a little while with a 650; but should you decide to like the new clock speeds you get with your upgraded PSU, I'd advise not to get used to the them. Because eventually you will upgrade that video card and you'll be back to square one.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old November 22, 2011, 05:03 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
I think you did quite well considering your PSU wasn't up to the task. I'd be interested to see what you'll be able to achieve with your beefier PSU. Although I would opt for a larger PSU not just for over clocking but for future expandability. You maybe able to get by for a little while with a 650; but should you decide to like the new clock speeds you get with your upgraded PSU, I'd advise not to get used to the them. Because eventually you will upgrade that video card and you'll be back to square one.

I will be Upgrading my aging XFX-5770 in good time has i have already had to clock the crap out of it to get BF3 to run smooth on high settings,- 16x ASF...., so you have a point. i might just go for a XFX 750 or thermal... 775 if i can.
Old November 22, 2011, 05:26 PM
MVP

Yea it definitely isn't good to be so close to the threshold on a PSU, 600W should be more than enough for what you need. If you want to see what the best in the world can do with your chip you have to head over to HWBOT. The world overclocking league is where the best in the world hang out and also a good place to see how your overclocking adventures stack up.

1090T BE Wprime 32 scores
Old November 22, 2011, 05:39 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Just had a look over there (your link)

3sec 796ms with with Phenom II X6 1090T BE at 6466MHz

6.4Ghz? i never would have thought that was posible. there must be some serius cooling attached to that, i have no chance of getting anywhere near that on my cooling, Motherboard and 750w PSU.
Old November 22, 2011, 05:59 PM
MVP

You can set your filters at the top, those scores are done with LN2 (liquid nitrogen), if you click off the air cooling you can see what others have done with air or water or DICE (dry ice). Interesting stuff but you are right most of those guys are pretty hardcore.