Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 10, 2011, 01:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Overclocking the FX8150 on a Crosshair V Mobo

I found that the FX8150 has tons of head room on the Crosshair IV Extreme but when I put the CPU into the Crosshair V Formula I run into a whole lot of no posts.

The board is bouncing back at me with the VGA LED staying red and system not booting.

So my system specs are attached and it is under major watercooling now and runs very cold.

But the big issue I have is the motherboard will not see my ram right.

I have patriot DDR3 2000 and for some reason the board either wants to run it at 1866 or 2133 but wont post with either setting, but if I set it to DDR 1600 it works fine.(just feels like a waste to me)

I can over clock it to 4Ghz NP with upping the multiplier but for some reason changing the voltage on the CPU is a total pain in the ass. It never sticks at what I set it at and even if I put it up .03 Volts it cranks it way higher and wont post.

I know this is user error and after work I will get more info on whats going on.

But here is 2 pix of how cool my system is running now.

Old November 23, 2011, 11:16 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Have you set your VRM to fixed?

I'm not an expert but if your increasing CPU voltage it may push up the CPU internal clock frequency and your RAM frequency along with it if its set to auto, that would explain the odd RAM frequencies your MOBO is defaulting to.

you should go into the BIOS and set the CPU internal clock manually to 200Mhz or whatever the default is on your CPU, and then the VRM to fixed in AI.

See pic.
Attached Images

Last edited by Frakk; November 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM.