Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/overclocking-tweaking-benchmarking/)
-   -   HWBOT Country Cup 2011 - Kicks off November 19th! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/overclocking-tweaking-benchmarking/48176-hwbot-country-cup-2011-kicks-off-november-19th.html)

Massman November 10, 2011 04:59 AM

HWBOT Country Cup 2011 - Kicks off November 19th!

Just giving a heads up on the next Country Cup contest at HWBOT. Noticed you guys came in 7th last year ... aiming for top-3 this year? Good luck in any case! :punk:

Quote:

It’s been a year since Romania went home with their second Country Cup title and renewed their status of “World’s Most Awesome OC Country”. On November 19th, however, their undefeated status is at stake during the six weeks of HWBOT Country Cup 2011. Nations as Russia and Poland showed in previous editions to be capable of almost beating Romania. Who will take the Country Cup title this year? Get your line-up ready!

The main idea of the competition is still the same as last year: work together as a team to put up the best possible result. Just like the previous editions, the Country Cup is divided into a number of stages, each with their own benchmark and hardware limitations. To score points, each team needs different users to form the best possible average, using different types of hardware. Points are given based on your country’s rank in each stage and the sum of all points forms the basis of the overall competition ranking.

The competition always revolved around a large set of stages to compete in over a rather short period of time. Just like any edition of the HWBOT Country Cup, we updated the format a little based on the feedback we received the year before. This year we’ve prolonged the minimum length of a stage to one week and a half, giving the teams enough time to prepare and set a score. Also new this year is the introduction of three levels of competition stages.

http://hwbot.org/blog/wp-content//country-cup-2011.png

Eldonko November 10, 2011 07:56 AM

I can do PCM7, wprime, mem clock

Rasparthe November 14, 2011 11:47 AM

Surely Canada can do better than 7th? We need at least five users with different dual core setups. Wolfdale, Conroe, Sandy Bridge, Clarkdale, Callisto/Deneb? Also 3 different 200 series setups. Should make it interesting.

Roby The Beast November 18, 2011 02:32 PM

I'm in the game! I will do the best that i can!

Rasparthe November 21, 2011 06:33 AM

Its up and running, only 8 days to get those dual core subs in.

Dead Things November 21, 2011 02:04 PM

I can post a doolie score. It won't be good, but in case we need help getting to five. Anybody know if you can use quads or higher as long as you limit the active cores to two?

Eldonko November 21, 2011 02:23 PM

Pretty sure you need a real dual. Scores are tabulated by processor and the system doesnt care how many cores you have enabled.

Dead Things November 21, 2011 03:09 PM

So same as the normal rules. Gotcha. Just thought that phrasing "Use 2 processor core(s) in total" seemed intentionally tricky.

In that case... Diamondville, here we come! :haha:

Rasparthe November 21, 2011 05:53 PM

What are you planning on putting up DT? I put up that Conroe score because I was fooling around at my mother-in-laws house and thought might as well submit it. I have a Wolfdale here I can put up but don't want to step on your score if you post a Wolfdale.

Also, as stated, you can't disable cores to get a dual. It only counts actual cores though, thread count is irrelevant, meaning Clarkdales are valid.

Dead Things November 21, 2011 11:11 PM

I don't have access to anything good unfortunately - not within the next eight days at least. I'll post a score with my Atom 330 in case we don't reach five. But to be competitive, we'll obviously need one each of Sandy Bridge, Clarkdale, Wolfdale, Conroe and an Allendale like you already posted.

edit - Wait, I just remembered I have my E6600 in my HTPC. It's just an ITX board, but it can get to ~ 400 FSB. It sure won't be the best Conroe score, but in case nobody else scrapes together something that can beat it, it's at least a fall-back option.

edit2 - Uh, wait. Does hwbot consider Allendale and Conroe to be the same thing for the purpose of this competition? I guess we'll need an X2 score then instead.