Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 30, 2011, 06:12 PM
MVP

Congratulations everyone. Nice work on all the submissions, plenty respectable finish for us. Still pretty ridiculous that they allow everyone in country to use the same sticks of RAM, its too bad HWBOT doesn't have some direction/consistency on policies. Either they don't like hardware sharing or they do. I'm just glad we didn't miss even one stage for lack of submissions.
Old December 30, 2011, 07:39 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post
Congratulations everyone. Nice work on all the submissions, plenty respectable finish for us. Still pretty ridiculous that they allow everyone in country to use the same sticks of RAM, its too bad HWBOT doesn't have some direction/consistency on policies. Either they don't like hardware sharing or they do. I'm just glad we didn't miss even one stage for lack of submissions.
Hwbot can be so vague & contradictory on rules, it's a little frustrating... that said great effort everyone!!!

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old December 30, 2011, 10:45 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Good job everyone!
Old December 31, 2011, 09:33 AM
Rookie

Yeah, its a bit of a shame with the ram sharing bit but with most ram I think it would be hard to keep track as not all brands put serial numbers in the spd or even on the ram itself.

All in all it was a good effort from us and I'm looking forward to next years comp. A top 10 finish is pretty good I think considering our resources. So well done guys and all the best for the new year!
Old December 31, 2011, 09:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It was fun guys! And good job everyone - I was most pleased to see that we had no trouble meeting the minimum 5 scores required for many of the stages. And I think mtp04 said it perfectly - considering our resources, we did quite well.

Another thing I'm most proud of was that we played a clean game - no taking advantage of weak rules enforcement and no sandbagging. Good sportsmanship guys!

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old December 31, 2011, 10:14 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

As Massman pointed out earlier on, one of the biggest differences is that we don't use a lot of extreme cooling whereas many of those who were in the top ranks generally used LN2.

It is definitely nice to see the amount of participation that took place. :)
Old December 31, 2011, 03:01 PM
Rookie

Finishing in the top 10 was good, & thanks to everyone for participating, you all did well! Next year we should plan earlier & do some local get-togethers for benching parties like many of the other country teams do, share the hardware we're allowed to share & bring some extreme cooling tools for the guys that would like to get colder but don't have the resources.
Old January 10, 2012, 10:28 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

GJ guys, 9th is great. Here is the write up:

Poland wins HWBOT Country Cup 2011!

We were the 3rd most active country and 3rd in high score/member ratio :)
Old January 10, 2012, 12:51 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Woo!

I'm with FTW on this though, it would be nice to get some gatherings next year perhaps where we can hopefully work together and crank out some numbers. This would definitely be beneficial on my part as I'm still an overclocking noob. :P

I know DT is right down the road from me and Rasparthe is a bit of drive but I'm sure we could get him down here. :P Not sure who else is in TO but we could get something together.
Old January 10, 2012, 01:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
Woo!

I'm with FTW on this though, it would be nice to get some gatherings next year perhaps where we can hopefully work together and crank out some numbers. This would definitely be beneficial on my part as I'm still an overclocking noob. :P

I know DT is right down the road from me and Rasparthe is a bit of drive but I'm sure we could get him down here. :P Not sure who else is in TO but we could get something together.
I'd be up for some team benching for sure next year, hopefully us guys around the Vancouver area can organize something as well, great idea.

Don't know if anyone noticed, but I was reading over the results Eldonko linked and after the fact the bot decided that the ram sharing was actually against the rules. Way to pay attention guys

B. Hardware sharing – In stage 4, one of the teams apparently shared memory sticks across submissions. Hardware sharing is indeed not allowed, but the HWBOT staff believes that it wasn’t clear enough at the start of the competition. The memory clock stage revolved around memory overclocking using different platforms (not memory itself), which might have confused members. The staff takes full responsibility for this problem and will not remove the submissions made in that stage. The staff will use a different approach in future competitions.

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread