Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 22, 2011, 08:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah - I knew about the Enthusiast league thing. But I used to be ranked like 200th or something, and suddenly with the new boints I'm seventh. Crazy.

Anyway, got my glorious Atom 330 score up. Will see how far I can push my ITX board and E6600 tomorrow night. After that, I'll put my Lynnfield rig on the test bench to prep for Heaven DX9 and Memclock.

Also posted a thread at NCIX to see if anybody over there was interested in pitching in as well.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old November 22, 2011, 09:11 PM
MVP

Got the 275 sub in, GPU bottlenecked at 3000 Ghz but would not run if I overclocked the card even 1 Mhz. Crashed everytime. Very odd. Will try with a different setup in the next couple days when I run the Wolfdale for the dual core stage.
Old November 22, 2011, 11:55 PM
MVP
F@H

I have an i3 350 that I was running at 4.5. I need to pull it out of mothballs and reassemble it. Should have it ready to go within the next day or so.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Old November 23, 2011, 03:08 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Yeah - I knew about the Enthusiast league thing. But I used to be ranked like 200th or something, and suddenly with the new boints I'm seventh. Crazy.
You're probably the person who's benefiting the most from the "min 60p for global record"-rule. You're first in both Wprimes for 8xCPU and 16xCPU yielding 4x 60p.
Old November 23, 2011, 04:55 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFish View Post
I have an i3 350 that I was running at 4.5. I need to pull it out of mothballs and reassemble it. Should have it ready to go within the next day or so.
That would be great! Just need someone with a Sandybridge i3 and we are off to the races.
Old November 23, 2011, 07:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post
That would be great! Just need someone with a Sandybridge i3 and we are off to the races.
Indeed! As you said earlier, the main challenge with the stages at the bottom of the pyramid will be populating all five of the required scores - and we seem to be on our way to doing just that for the UCBench 2011 stage. Pretty good stuff, especially considering the newness and lack of popularity of the benchmark.

Go Canada!

Old November 23, 2011, 08:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massman View Post
You're probably the person who's benefiting the most from the "min 60p for global record"-rule. You're first in both Wprimes for 8xCPU and 16xCPU yielding 4x 60p.
Well then three cheers for the "min 60p for global record"-rule! You know, I really think it should have been a "min 100p for global record"-rule.

Old November 23, 2011, 01:49 PM
MVP
F@H

Right threw up my i3 at 4.1. I'll play with it for a few days and see if I can get it any higher. Since I reassembled it it doesn't seem to like posting any higher than 4.17...

Also got my dad to throw up his laptop for us.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.

Last edited by FlyingFish; November 23, 2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old November 23, 2011, 02:37 PM
MVP
F@H

Hate to double post, but I can't get the Haven benchmark to run for me. Just hangs every single time. Anyone else had this problem?
Old November 23, 2011, 03:02 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

FlyingFish: I haven't tried yet but I will tonight. Good job on the uploads though!

I'm a bit confused about something though:

Quote:
LIMITATIONS

Please attach a picture of your overclocking rig.
A verification screenshot is required.
A verification link is required.
Only use processors manufacturered by AMD.
Must use competition background: download
Does this mean CPU has to be AMD or both CPU *AND* GPU? (Damn AMD/ATI name confusion)