Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8, 2011, 10:02 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Ill be submitting sub zero results for 3960K and 2500K wprime. No idea for PCM7, they arent answering the ram caching question so Im going to run with and without it. W7 is the ticket for PCM7, not sure it will even work on XP. They havent really posted any rules so I dunno the answers to rule related questions for PCM7.
Old December 8, 2011, 10:27 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

As soon as my freakin huge P6904 work unit finishes tomorrow I plan on playing around with PCMark 7 to see what sort of results I can get... though I suspect Eldonko on sub-zero cooling will be able to post better scores on PCMark 7 & wPrime for socket 2011.

I do have a 2700K for 1155 as well... should be fun!

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old December 8, 2011, 10:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's fantastic - if you guys can both put together strong 6x SB-E and 4x SB scores, then we can mix and match to figure out what combo scores the highest for wPrime.

Then, we'd just need a guy like PhlyingFish with a Clarkdale for 2x and a guy with either an FX-8150 or dual quad Xeons on an SR-2. I don't know anybody running quads on their SR-2 anymore, though; everybody's moved on to hex by now it seems.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old December 8, 2011, 12:19 PM
MVP

I have a Celeron 450 kicking around here somewhere that I can try but the Intel will likely get lambasted by Sempron score. As for x2 I can get a e8600 going but that won't do much against the Clarkdales. I'll see what I can throw together under Yorkfield for PCmark 7, does it scale well with multiple GPUs or like PCmark04 (the only one I have experience with) does it not make much difference.
Old December 8, 2011, 12:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post
I have a Celeron 450 kicking around here somewhere that I can try but the Intel will likely get lambasted by Sempron score. As for x2 I can get a e8600 going but that won't do much against the Clarkdales. I'll see what I can throw together under Yorkfield for PCmark 7, does it scale well with multiple GPUs or like PCmark04 (the only one I have experience with) does it not make much difference.
The Sempron 140/145/150 should indeed own the 1x category - but this is really just a category that needs to be filled adequately considering its significantly higher (i.e., worse) scores. It's the higher-core categories that will win or lose the stage. Hence, the Celeron 400-series should represent well enough here in the absence of a Sempy score.

I guess what I'm saying is, do both. If somebody comes along with a Clarkdale score that beats your E8600, then we can use your Celeron 450 score. If not, then we can use your E8600 along with my Celeron 440 score. I've managed 1376.672 out of my Celery before - so I'm hoping I can beat that.

Old December 8, 2011, 12:50 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I recruited axipher from OCN with an 8150. As you said, Quad Xeons on an SR2 isn't as common anymore so at least we have our bases covered with an 8150.
Old December 8, 2011, 01:03 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Well my 2500K does 5520Mhz which is decent I guess but 3930K is unproven so could cap at 5200 for all I know. Too bad ES results are not accepted, I have 5500 on 3960X. I ran wprime already with 2500k but I used W7 so I am going to redo it with XP.

I have to finish a review this week but next week Ill have a bit of time for benching. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G777 View Post
As soon as my freakin huge P6904 work unit finishes tomorrow I plan on playing around with PCMark 7 to see what sort of results I can get... though I suspect Eldonko on sub-zero cooling will be able to post better scores on PCMark 7 & wPrime for socket 2011.
Old December 8, 2011, 07:09 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Then, we'd just need a guy like PhlyingFish with a Clarkdale for 2x and a guy with either an FX-8150 or dual quad Xeons on an SR-2. I don't know anybody running quads on their SR-2 anymore, though; everybody's moved on to hex by now it seems.
Some of us are still stuck with quads, on one board anyways.

I've never done this type stuff before but if you're desperate for an 8-core score I've got dual 5520's @3.7 on an SR-2.

Don't know if it's any good but a quick run did 105.425.

Might be able to get it a little higher if it doesn't mess with the Folding/Crunching too much.

Let me know if you need it...

Old December 8, 2011, 07:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
Some of us are still stuck with quads, on one board anyways.

I've never done this type stuff before but if you're desperate for an 8-core score I've got dual 5520's @3.7 on an SR-2.

Don't know if it's any good but a quick run did 105.425.

Might be able to get it a little higher if it doesn't mess with the Folding/Crunching too much.

Let me know if you need it...
Awesome! Are those retail E5520's or ES? Assuming retail, would you mind spending a bit of time tweaking out a good score? It would be much appreciated! To put your score into perspective, it's a full 26% faster than the world record score for FX-8150, so your machine would give us an important edge over the teams that run an FX-8150 for their 8-core score.

Old December 8, 2011, 07:32 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Awesome! Are those retail E5520's or ES? Assuming retail, would you mind spending a bit of time tweaking out a good score? It would be much appreciated! To put your score into perspective, it's a full 26% faster than the world record score for FX-8150, so your machine would give us an important edge over the teams that run an FX-8150 for their 8-core score.
As far as I know they are retail.

I don't mind trying if you will give me some idea what some effective tweaks would be.

Presently they are running at 206x18 but I've had them at 210x18 before, with the cold weather might even be able to go higher...