Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 22, 2011, 03:32 AM
MVP

No, if CPUz says the core is different, its different. Allendale does not equal Conroe. Post the e6600 score, it has to beat that crappy e2140 score I put up. I'll run a Wolfdale maybe tonight or so. Still need 3 other duals from 3 other people that is the real kicker. I probably had 5 different dual setups in my closet but I can only count for 1 score. Someone with a Clarkdale would be a real bonus.

Other countries will likely have the same issues, trying to get together five separate scores so anything will do as long as we get to the five.

EDIT: Didn't realize there were two versions of the e6600, are you running the 2.4Ghz Conroe or the 3.06Ghz Wolfdale version. How bloody confusing is that?

Last edited by Rasparthe; November 22, 2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old November 22, 2011, 09:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post
EDIT: Didn't realize there were two versions of the e6600, are you running the 2.4Ghz Conroe or the 3.06Ghz Wolfdale version. How bloody confusing is that?
Yeah - mine is the older Conroe. They recycled the E6*** series right near the end of C2D. As though that wasn't confusing enough, using a few of the exact same part numbers was a real stroke of non-genius. Maybe I'll see if I can recruit anybody with an overclocked Sandy or Clarkdale from NCIX.

Now... in terms of the other stages I can probably pitch in on all of them if needed, except AMD 3DMark11...

- IGP with a GF9300.

- wPrime1024 - since I have a few here, I think my most valuable contribution would come from a single core Celeron 440 since not many folks run single core procs anymore. Other than that, we should aim to use all hyperthreading chips for each level. I could potentially pitch in a Xeon E5645 for the 6-core score, but that chip is not a good clocker compared to a typical 980X. Alas, it's my only non-ES X58 chip.

- Memclock with Lynnfield.

- Heaven DX9, but I only have a GTX260, so if we can scrape together scores from a 285, 280 and 275 then it wouldn't be needed.

- PCMark7 - depending on the rules - could use my SR-2. Unfortunately, I only have one Crucial SSD. I just sold my 9211-4i RAID0 setup.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old November 22, 2011, 09:18 AM
MVP

I have a GTX 275 so I can put in for that stage, but don't have any platform newer than 775 currently so the DX9 will be somewhat low. Keep selling them off. I have a GT 240 as well but really only useful for filling the required 3 spots if someone else has a 275.

I will do the Wolfdale then, still need 3 other dual setups though. If someone else is using a Wolfdale setup they want to submit I will gladly take mine down, I'm sure I have some AMD dual around here and even some much older 775 duals (Presler, etc).

I have nothing to even use for 3dmark11, perhaps someone with a nice 3way SLI setup wants to jump on that one.
Old November 22, 2011, 09:58 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I can put a score in for the AMD but hopefully someone can beat me :P

I'll also chip in my Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 4290 GPU but again, I'm sure someone will be able to top it.

I have a 260 and I'm trying to get a 285 but I highly doubt I'll have it in time. :(
Old November 22, 2011, 10:07 AM
MVP

With the super quick turnaround on the small stages I think it will be more about getting 5 subs in since any 5 subs beats even the very best 4 subs.
Old November 22, 2011, 10:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post
don't have any platform newer than 775 currently so the DX9 will be somewhat low
Heaven is entirely GPU-bound. As long as the system's fast enough to keep from bottlenecking the GPU, it really doesn't matter how fast the CPU is.

Old November 22, 2011, 11:12 AM
MVP

Wasn't aware of that, I don't do much 3D benching. I'll throw up the GT 240 scores then and leave room for someone to post something better.
Old November 22, 2011, 11:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

To be honest, I'd say focus on the GTX275. It's more likely we'll need a decent score from that card than from a GT240. If somebody else comes along with a good GTX275 score and we don't have the three scores required, then do the GT240 as a last resort kinda thing.

Old November 22, 2011, 02:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Okay, so before the Country Cup, it had been a while since I spent some time poking around HWBOT. I had heard that there were some changes made to the scoring, but I never kept pace with the announcements and didn't pay them much attention. So I just spent some time trying to wrap my head around the new boints system when I saw the attached.

I'm quite certain I don't deserve to be on that list. What gives?
Attached Images

Old November 22, 2011, 02:50 PM
MVP

Do you mean that high on the list or in that category? Enthusiast league is for anyone without any subzero submissions, only air or water. 500+ points is pretty impressive without using DICE/LN2 so congrats! Go for #1!