Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 11, 2011, 03:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
Yea thanks Terry, there are just different things or called differently for AMD, since it's my first AMD set up I was so confused lol. ANyways it works now with 1.45, did 20 cycles of Linx.

My max temp is like 53 degrees celcius, are they supposed to be that low?

Edit: Terry, I am also using coolermater Hyper 212 + but I am using two blade master fans, the stock fan for the hypers. What are your temps like at 4ghz, well what is your v core?
Im using just the stock fan on the CM, 2 fans in the exaust top of the tower & stock rear exaust in the cooler master.

I've been running 4 ghz stable since I got the cpu so i think 5-6 months now of how i've left it as it is, torrenting, gaming online & offline.

Here is the 2 screens of just a minute ago ... im in a sub basement as well so the more winter hits the cooler my temps will go ... otherwise max i have ever has the cpu hit is like 48c:

And yes as MANY intel fanboy's like to believe or claim over the last while now that amd chips run hotter then intels that is FAR from the truth for probly as far back as the Athlon64 days .... Just like any other pc its all about componets, the case you use & the fans for the airflow.

And furthermore peaple can still keep being anti-amd / pro-intel ALL they like BUT again as MANY peaple have posted on forums over the years whom have built/owned BOTH platforms .... a well configured amd build will be NO diffrent to a intel build of simlular preformance/configuration when you sit down in front of it. I've said so for awhile ... get called a "fanboy" for it, but its a honest truth of facts unless your that anal & sit there with like a stop watch timing EVERYTHING that the pc does ... LOL :P

Last edited by terrybear; November 11, 2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old November 11, 2011, 03:56 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

LOL Terrybear.

You are right I agree with you, I am or was the ultimate intel fanboy. I am 34 years old and this is my first AMD.

Truth be told, gaming not a big difference, yea I see a difference when I ran benches, i5 750 at 4.0ghz beats 1055t at 4.0ghz, but those are benches, but when I am gaming its fast man. Geez whiz, AMD is not bad at all. and for the price I think I have switched, I think i have said goodbye to Intel, I think lol

Also, the temps I was very surprised, I have never put in 1.475 voltage into any intel chip, couple of times at 1.5 but that was run couple of benches and that was sandy bridge.

These things runs super amazingly cool. I am very impressed.

Thanks Terrybear, we are now AMD brothers?

Thanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
Im using just the stock fan on the CM, 2 fans in the exaust top of the tower & stock rear exaust in the cooler master.

I've been running 4 ghz stable since I got the cpu so i think 5-6 months now of how i've left it as it is, torrenting, gaming online & offline.

Here is the 2 screens of just a minute ago ... im in a sub basement as well so the more winter hits the cooler my temps will go ... otherwise max i have ever has the cpu hit is like 48c:

And yes as MANY intel fanboy's like to believe or claim over the last while now that amd chips run hotter then intels that is FAR from the truth for probly as far back as the Athlon64 days .... Just like any other pc its all about componets, the case you use & the fans for the airflow.

And furthermore peaple can still keep being anti-amd / pro-intel ALL they like BUT again as MANY peaple have posted on forums over the years whom have built/owned BOTH platforms .... a well configured amd build will be NO diffrent to a intel build of simlular preformance/configuration when you sit down in front of it. I've said so for awhile ... get called a "fanboy" for it, but its a honest truth of facts unless your that anal & sit there with like a stop watch timing EVERYTHING that the pc does ... LOL :P
Old November 11, 2011, 08:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
LOL Terrybear.

You are right I agree with you, I am or was the ultimate intel fanboy. I am 34 years old and this is my first AMD.

Truth be told, gaming not a big difference, yea I see a difference when I ran benches, i5 750 at 4.0ghz beats 1055t at 4.0ghz, but those are benches, but when I am gaming its fast man. Geez whiz, AMD is not bad at all. and for the price I think I have switched, I think i have said goodbye to Intel, I think lol

Also, the temps I was very surprised, I have never put in 1.475 voltage into any intel chip, couple of times at 1.5 but that was run couple of benches and that was sandy bridge.

These things runs super amazingly cool. I am very impressed.

Thanks Terrybear, we are now AMD brothers?

Thanks for your help

LOL np YFG

The big thing with these chips to keep in mind if you notice is the nb clocks, some forum's i've read even sugest that a high nb bus speed is maybe even more of a bigger thing vs the overall clock themselves. I have spied on a few site's some peaple lucky enought to do multi oc's on the main & nb to get some insaine preformance from these X6 cpu's. A person evening running my cpu @ a stable 4 ghz clock with a 3 ghz nb ht bus speed I believe I seen on overclockers.net.

It might be something to look into. Best way i can describe the NB HT oc importance is by the data path between the nb & chipset it would be like tryin to drive a big tank down a small single lane old country road vs down the 2 lane side of a highway. The NB HT path gettin more speed/bandwith allows for more data to get thru/pass faster to the rest of the system for processing.

Oh & btw almost 39 here, been using/working on pc's & been around the net since 96' so I've seen alot & still remember the new IBM 386's in my highschool computer labs back in the mid 80's & using paint on them.

Last edited by terrybear; November 11, 2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old November 12, 2011, 12:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default first AMD bench mark on my machine

Not too bad actually, its about the same I had for I5 750 clocked at 4.2ghz, this is 4.0 ghz at 1.475 v, and a gtx 460, clocked at 875/1000 without touching the voltage
Attached Images