Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 5, 2011, 06:21 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger212 View Post
Assuming that is an Asus Motherboard? We also need to know the manufacturer so we can find out what bios you have.
This is my motherboard: NCIX.com - Buy ASUS M4A89GTD Pro AM3 DDR3 AMD 890GX ATX 2PCI-E16 PCI-E1 PCI-E4 2PCI VGA DVI Motherboard - ASUS - M4A89GTD PRO - in Canada
Old November 5, 2011, 09:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You still haven't mentioned what aspect of it you can't overclock, or what happens when you try to.
Old November 5, 2011, 10:13 PM
Rookie

When I restarted the computer, I got black screen when I restart it so you could only do two things: go into the bios or automatically re-join settings (sorry for bad English im from Sweden)

Last edited by zobbe96; November 5, 2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old November 6, 2011, 09:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

When you where trying to overclock did you just adjust the settings to what you seen?
. every piece of hard ware is different so one motherboard or CPU that can do 4ghz does'nt mean that another Motherboard and CPU can do the same it might be able to do less or it might beable to do more WHich is why Overclocking is usually done by slow small increments. I myself am still a rookie at Overclocking and still have allot to learn but Patience and time is what is need to get a successful overclock.
Old November 6, 2011, 10:46 AM
Rookie

I can not increase by 1 MHz