Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 18, 2011, 10:01 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Need a little help with overclocking

Phenom II x 4 945 Denab 3.0
ASUS M4A78T-E
1333 DDR3 Rip jaws 8 gig
6850 sapphire toxic x 2 Crossfire (these are factory over clocked)
Eyefinity setup VH242H x 3 23.6Ē of eye pleasure
WD black 640 Gig HD
Win 7 64 bit

When I set up my build I figured at the time that a x4 3.0 is good enough. Well I have a feeling its bottlenecking my system.

I am a noob to overclocking.

I have the AMD Overdrive Utility software that came with the board that basically can overclock for you. I have run the autoclock program and it ramped my system to 3.2. I ran it like this for the night. My 3dmark11 score was brought me up from below normal to a normal score for simuliar setups, and the system seemed much faster. So I saved the settings in the software and shut down for the night. When I turned it back on it was back to 3.0. The 945 is a locked multiplier so I guess there is no huge over clocking that can be done but since I was able to get it to 3.2 with software.

Question 1 does anyone know haw to save the settings so the system runs at it from startup? I can not even find what I saved from before so it looks like I have to Auto clock it every time I want it. And no I do not keep my system running when I am gone. (Probably should but I donít)

Question 2 Looking for NOOB instructions on what to do to the Bios to overclocking (my board has a review on this site if you need details) 3.2 or a little higher is all I am looking for I really do not want to burn anything out.

My rip jaws are Bios defaulted currently but are capable of 7-7-7-21

I have the factory CPU cooler with factory paste ~ I have never had an issue with it

PS I also have a software called Turbo V But I am tentative to touch settings since I do not know what it can do~ I am a noob and have never touched this program.

Again I am a Noob and will need a step by step this is

Thanks in advance

Painbringer 71
Old August 18, 2011, 10:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

there is a setting on the auto overclock ( I think on the left hand side) that you can click on that will save your overclock setting so that when you reboot it will load those settings