Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 22, 2011, 08:32 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yycraven View Post
Thanks I will try those out.
Still using Linx and Furmark right now, 8hrs and 20mins so far. Stable @ 4.37GHz
You are way too patient to let a test run that long. There are levels of stable, there is the once a day or perhaps every other day BSOD that I can handle b/c I system is soooo fast stable, there is the I got it exactly right and haven't crashed in months and game hard every night stable, then there is I got it oc'd to X.xx but turned it back half way so I don't burn out my $95 processor but it is still faster then stock stable.

The gap between the first 2 options is very close and usually works itself out over a couple of days. Play with it and use your pc as you normally would, that is the best way to see if your system is stable for you, beyond a couple of quick bench runs between changes when you are doing the initial OC'ing.
Old July 22, 2011, 10:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatSOB View Post
You are way too patient to let a test run that long. There are levels of stable, there is the once a day or perhaps every other day BSOD that I can handle b/c I system is soooo fast stable, there is the I got it exactly right and haven't crashed in months and game hard every night stable, then there is I got it oc'd to X.xx but turned it back half way so I don't burn out my $95 processor but it is still faster then stock stable.

The gap between the first 2 options is very close and usually works itself out over a couple of days. Play with it and use your pc as you normally would, that is the best way to see if your system is stable for you, beyond a couple of quick bench runs between changes when you are doing the initial OC'ing.

I like to run tests 10hrs, so all is good now and happy with my OC, its stable. not going any higher on this set up.
I will tho with my X58 OC set up
just to see how high I can go.
Old July 22, 2011, 10:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

too much stress testing and you just gonna degrade your hardware
just do an hour max n futuremark

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram