Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20, 2012, 02:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Damn... didn't realise that they stopped carrying them. Guess I'll have to treat the one box I've got left over with care.

Who's the other retailer? You folks seem to be dancing around naming them..... and we're not on NCIX's forums here. :)
lol - old habits die hard!

Newegg's the only other etailer with MOS-C1's still. $15 not too bad ($6 more than DirectCanada used to be), but the $10 shipping kills the deal*.

edit - *Compared to ebay.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!

Last edited by Dead Things; September 20, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old September 20, 2012, 05:31 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Panisonic Caps are in some of the best PSU's as well as Rubycons. But telling that to some people set in there ways is easier said then done lol.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 21, 2012, 02:34 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Perineum -
Quote:
trodas: I only recognize Sanyo, Nichicon and Samxon polymers as good ones
Quote:
I would add United Chemicon, Rubycon, Panasonic and NIC Components to that good list.
Well, I'm not aware that Rubycon is starting to make any usable polymer caps, do you? Their SMD series are ST (0.1-22uF), SW and SWZ (47-330uF) and SXB, SXE, SLE and SZE (22-220uF) and none radial "classic" caps. Therefore I did not even mention Rubycon as to be in good polymers list, altrough this is not entierly correct.
United Chemicon aren't exactly my favorite either, the KZG caps in my DFI blown thanks to the Fuhjuu craps in PSU, yet their vents should work and not explode. And I was not in the mood todays to look out for Panny polymers. What are they?
And NIC Components? What is that? :)
Old September 21, 2012, 08:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodas View Post
Perineum -

Well, I'm not aware that Rubycon is starting to make any usable polymer caps, do you? Their SMD series are ST (0.1-22uF), SW and SWZ (47-330uF) and SXB, SXE, SLE and SZE (22-220uF) and none radial "classic" caps. Therefore I did not even mention Rubycon as to be in good polymers list, altrough this is not entierly correct.
United Chemicon aren't exactly my favorite either, the KZG caps in my DFI blown thanks to the Fuhjuu craps in PSU, yet their vents should work and not explode. And I was not in the mood todays to look out for Panny polymers. What are they?
And NIC Components? What is that? :)
Ah, sorry, wasn't really paying attention to the "polymers" part. I was more just referring to electrolytic.

UCC, unfortunately, are now infamous due to that KZG line. Tons of the major OEMs like IBM, Dell, etc all got burned with that series caps. Replace the KZG's with KZJ's from UCC and everything will be fine.

And NIC components: LowESR.com - Resource for Low ESR Capacitors
Old September 22, 2012, 07:01 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Red face

NP, I was strictly reffering only to the polymers, on the matter, so we got a way off
Nevermind, I still did not like Chemi-cons and their lowest ESR 16mOhms ( NIC Components NSPE-x SMT Hybrid Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - 470F 6.3V 16mΩ 3150mA ) I do consider a joke. For polymers, that is. Even they are only SMD... (please note I did observed, that these are neither polymers or elytes, they are hybrid, yet I tend to rate them as polymers, because highest capacitance at 16V rating I see 150uF, witch is consistent of polymers, not elytes - they not have a problem of 3300 or 4700+++uF at 16V... polymers have these problems - usually they offer only tiny capacity at 16V ratins, hence input Vcore regulator made from polymers is a bad and sad joke... unfortunately marketing dictate this nonsense...) Nichicon LE get down to almost 4mOhms around 100kHz, same Nichicon E5 series. I see no reason to try their caps at all. Maybe as free sample in HW that did not matter, but where things matter, there I will insist on using proven reliable caps (yet considering that even Nichicon produced a unfortunate bad batch of their caps as well...) and they are only these listed above.
So my point of view is relatively negative for these - until proven otherwise Also because they did not mande radial polymers, then these caps have a very limited usage range...

Come to my attention that there do exist relatively inexpensive Atlas ESR 60 - capacitor analyser. It is probably not the most precise tool in the world, however for hobby home measuring it is more that perfect, just look: Peak Electronic Design Limited - Atlas ESR - Equivalent Series Resistance Meter and Capacitor Analyser - Model ESR60

And in action, there measuring already leaking Teapo, ESR 8.5 Ohms! :mad:

Also Chemi-con KZG is probably busted long time ago - leaking and ESR goes to1.01 Ohms :gun:

...and on the another hand, Samxon (likely GC, but not sure) hold it's capacity and ESR is great - 0.02 Ohms

(not my pics or measurment)

Last edited by trodas; September 22, 2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old September 23, 2012, 02:44 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Red face

Biostar TForce 590 SLI Deluxe, Sacon caps, user pacman, CapsMods forum

Old September 25, 2012, 02:09 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Wink

InnoVISION TNT2 M64, Licon caps, user pavel_p from Czech SHW forum

Old September 28, 2012, 04:48 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Wink

Inno3D 8600GT, Sacon caps, user Dj-ElectriC, Techpowerup forum

Old September 28, 2012, 05:41 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Not gonna lie, most of the stuff you are showing me here is ancient tech, that isn't even close to mainstream anymore.
Back then there wasn't nearly as much focus on making these components right as there is now.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 18, 2012, 03:45 PM
Rookie

Got some to share. I have a lot more I can post in a few hours.

Yang Chung caps in the first pic from an Allied PSU (The switchers blew so that thing must have gotten hot) and the second pic is CapXon from a Syncmaster monitor. I recapped the monitor and it's working just fine!
Attached Images