Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 17, 2012, 08:31 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Amazingly the board still ran fine(at stock settings) for about a week until I was able to get a new motherboard.

Click to enlarge

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.
Old September 17, 2012, 08:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Its reasons like that Silent Avenger that when I see bare MOSFETS like that I get some of the Enzotech heatsinks and put them on. Because if the case doesnt' have enough cooling around that area, bad things happen.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 17, 2012, 09:07 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Well it wasn't even a very high overclock. It was an MSI board with one of those OC switch features and it was the first notch on the switch(5% oc). I guess the board itself being about 4 years old contributed to it?

Old September 17, 2012, 09:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Avenger View Post
Well it wasn't even a very high overclock. It was an MSI board with one of those OC switch features and it was the first notch on the switch(5% oc). I guess the board itself being about 4 years old contributed to it?
For a Mosfet? Not too sure. I don't think they suffer from aging like Caps can. Can you pull whatever it says on them and post it? I'd like to see what they are rated for. Perhaps they were close or at there threashold.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old September 17, 2012, 09:26 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Well by the looks of it in the larger pic a lot of them seem to be Nikos P0403BD GND3L2W04 could also be a Nikos P0803BDG GND5L0910. It was a pretty low end MSI board.

Old September 17, 2012, 10:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I get some of the Enzotech heatsinks and put them on.
Ever since the Netlink group stopped carrying them, the price + shipping cost for MOS-C1's has doubled at the one store that still offers them.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old September 18, 2012, 06:30 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Ever since the Netlink group stopped carrying them, the price + shipping cost for MOS-C1's has doubled at the one store that still offers them.
I know

I have to Order a decent sized order from those 'other guys' in order to tag those along and not get dinged for shipping so badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Avenger View Post
Well by the looks of it in the larger pic a lot of them seem to be Nikos P0403BD GND3L2W04 could also be a Nikos P0803BDG GND5L0910. It was a pretty low end MSI board.
I'll check them out and see thanks SA,

-ST

Old September 20, 2012, 02:50 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Mosfets did not deteriorate with time, however it is naive to believe the polymer caps won't. Regardless what the marketing says, some are even rated at 2 000 hours, at 105C of course. For elecrtolyte caps is valid, that for each 10C down, the lifetime double. Hence 105C cap at 45C will have 128 000h - about 14,6 years of service nonstop.
And these polymers aren't exactly a known quality brand (I only recognize Sanyo, Nichicon and Samxon polymers as good ones and I refuse to even discuss the rest, mainly not "things" like Elite polymers... who ever heard about that company before? Where are their background for making bold claims and "super caps"? I see none, so I did not believe them a single bit.), so no wonder they give up. Also the board design is bad, because input Vcore filtering should be done with electrolyte caps...

Anyway, back on topic:

Intel D845GLVA mobo, fake Nichicon caps, user s0vet from SHW Czech forum

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6...ebni167yh7.jpg
Old September 20, 2012, 03:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodas View Post
And these polymers aren't exactly a known quality brand (I only recognize Sanyo, Nichicon and Samxon polymers as good ones and I refuse to even discuss the rest, mainly not "things" like Elite polymers... who ever heard about that company before? Where are their background for making bold claims and "super caps"? I see none, so I did not believe them a single bit.)

I would add United Chemicon, Rubycon, Panasonic and NIC Components to that good list.

Although United Chemicon has had at least one bad run with the KZG series....
Old September 20, 2012, 03:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I know

I have to Order a decent sized order from those 'other guys' in order to tag those along and not get dinged for shipping so badly.

I'll check them out and see thanks SA,

-ST
Damn... didn't realise that they stopped carrying them. Guess I'll have to treat the one box I've got left over with care.

Who's the other retailer? You folks seem to be dancing around naming them..... and we're not on NCIX's forums here. :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP