Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old February 1, 2008, 08:31 PM
Wankerfx's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 583
Default

Party at 3oh6's house!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Dr. Silver View Post
I would love to join! I'll bring my D 930....LOL
__________________
[ER]
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old February 1, 2008, 08:43 PM
3oh6's Avatar
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,052
Default

as long as the insulation holds up...then it is good enough, thats my theory

anytime you want to come down to Londontown fellas. i can have some bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts on the BBQ within an hour and 25lbs of dry ice for a 10 spot...the beer store is literally 3 houses away from my new place so we have that covered as well.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old February 1, 2008, 08:56 PM
Wankerfx's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
as long as the insulation holds up...then it is good enough, thats my theory

anytime you want to come down to Londontown fellas. i can have some bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts on the BBQ within an hour and 25lbs of dry ice for a 10 spot...the beer store is literally 3 houses away from my new place so we have that covered as well.
Wow, could we seriously organize a trip for March? I know I don't have much hardware, but I'm sure it will still be fun.
__________________
[ER]
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old February 1, 2008, 09:06 PM
3oh6's Avatar
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankerfx View Post
Wow, could we seriously organize a trip for March? I know I don't have much hardware, but I'm sure it will still be fun.
i will likely be back at work by then but i don't see why we couldn't put something together on the weekend. hopefully by then i will have found a decent E8400/E8500
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old February 1, 2008, 09:10 PM
BALISTX's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 2,005
Default

If you guys do this and one of you have a camcorder, you should make a video of the DICE attempts and post it to Youtube.
__________________
"Though I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death I shall fear no evil as my C8 Carbine is locked and loaded."

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl


[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old February 1, 2008, 09:22 PM
Wankerfx's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
i will likely be back at work by then but i don't see why we couldn't put something together on the weekend. hopefully by then i will have found a decent E8400/E8500
Arf, too short notice for me, I need at least two weeks, because of school and work. Plus, I live ~6hours away, so it's no stroll in the park. We could probably have something up, I just have to check when.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTX View Post
If you guys do this and one of you have a camcorder, you should make a video of the DICE attempts and post it to Youtube.
Will do for the next session =)


Hmmmm, maybe we can contact SKY, so we can find a day where we can all meet up.
__________________
[ER]
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old February 1, 2008, 09:47 PM
3oh6's Avatar
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankerfx View Post
Arf, too short notice for me, I need at least two weeks, because of school and work. Plus, I live ~6hours away, so it's no stroll in the park. We could probably have something up, I just have to check when.
i didn't mean for this weekend, just A weekend. 6 hours is a long enough trip just for a benching session...why doesn't anyone live in London, its not that big of a hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankerfx View Post
Hmmmm, maybe we can contact SKY, so we can find a day where we can all meet up.
no way...he will talk us into working instead of benching
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old February 1, 2008, 09:53 PM
Wankerfx's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 583
Default

Aye, a weekend would be slick, and ~6 hours isn't too bad to meet up with another overclocker to have some fun. I contacted SKY anyways; if he can't organize an event, then we can discuss it in PMs.

Anyways, I'm off to bed, and this thread needs to get back on topic
__________________
[ER]
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old February 2, 2008, 06:27 AM
Mr. Cipher's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London (UK)
Posts: 458
Default

And you can get the 'rippers from Western University! hahahah. Too far? (sorry I couldn't resist, my school dislikes Western so its a bad habit)
__________________
i7 Red
EVGA X58 Classy | i7 920 D0 | Megahalems w. 1 noctua push| Mushkin Redline | Radeon HD 6870 | 2x640 WD Black | Corsair HX1000 | HAF 932 | Asus 26" LCD

C2Q Blue
Gigabyte EP45-UD3p | Q8400 @ 2.66ghz | Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme w. Scythe | Mushkin Redline PC2-8000 5-5-5-15-2T @ 400mhz |
BFG GTX 295 | 1.32TB WD HDDs | Corsair HX 620 W | Antec 900 | Acer 20" LCD
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old February 2, 2008, 06:46 AM
3oh6's Avatar
Hardware Canucks Reviewer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cipher View Post
And you can get the 'rippers from Western University! hahahah. Too far? (sorry I couldn't resist, my school dislikes Western so its a bad habit)
it's not too far when it's true

BTW, all this talk about benching got me ancy to do some so i took a couple hours off of working tonight and had some fun with my poor E8400 and the bangin G.Skills i just finished reviewing...

Discussion thread for G.Skill 2x1GB DDR3 PC3-12800 Review

hammered out new personal bests in 1M, 32M, 3DMark 01, and Aquamark 3
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Celeron.....DUAL CORE!!! Cptn Vortex CPU's and Motherboards 50 January 29, 2008 08:34 PM
Intel to release Celeron E1000 Shadowmeph Press Releases & Tech News 6 December 7, 2007 08:01 PM
Overclocking Pentium D820 silverchair Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking 2 September 12, 2007 07:57 PM
Pentium Lives!! Pentium E2160 and Pentium E2140 Babrbarossa CPU's and Motherboards 4 June 4, 2007 04:25 AM
Intel moves up schedule for Pentium E2000 and Celeron 400 Babrbarossa Press Releases & Tech News 0 January 30, 2007 06:09 AM