Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 11, 2011, 08:31 PM
Banned
F@H

got 2 going, and a third one thats buzzing the frak out of my patience :)
Old April 12, 2011, 03:26 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
All you should have to do is set your CPU voltage to 1.3v and your ram to whatever it says on the side or manufacturers specs then just slowly up the speed.

I ran a 2600k on a h50 overclocked and it was fine.

68-75 is too tho and should be lower.. I'd check your fan arrangement on the H50 or reseat it.
I need some pointers here, ok I can easily get my Vcore to 1.30, the ram is set to its specs but how about the Turbo mode, do you play with the multiplier or do you just up the blck ? Also, I guess that for testing disabling speed step is a good idea as well.

BTW, I've ordered a 212+ with an extra fan ! I am going to try this as a cooling solution. The H50 will find a new home, that shouldn't be a problem.

Old April 12, 2011, 04:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurmer View Post
I need some pointers here, ok I can easily get my Vcore to 1.30, the ram is set to its specs but how about the Turbo mode, do you play with the multiplier or do you just up the blck ? Also, I guess that for testing disabling speed step is a good idea as well.

BTW, I've ordered a 212+ with an extra fan ! I am going to try this as a cooling solution. The H50 will find a new home, that shouldn't be a problem.
With the MSI board I used all I did was change the CPU ratio.
Old April 12, 2011, 04:26 PM
Banned
F@H

up the multi and see what gives, a good idea is to disable all but thermal protection.
Old April 13, 2011, 06:02 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Today I've received my 212+ and set it up in a push pull configuration temps are quite a bit better. Running prime at 4.2 vcore 1.30 temps are at around 55 to 62. While I was at it, got myself a MSI 560 twinfrozr. Still, computer cannot be auto OC'ed by the software, it simply crashes any time I try to OC it with autotune. Thinking about what I did with my H50, I think I plugged the pump into the wrong supply, should have used the CPU fan and I think that I did not depriving the pump for full power.

Old April 13, 2011, 06:39 PM
Banned
F@H

nice.

weather you plugged the pump in the fan or cpu fan header its the same. except maybe you dont have control via software or bios the the speeds
Old April 13, 2011, 06:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
nice.

weather you plugged the pump in the fan or cpu fan header its the same. except maybe you dont have control via software or bios the the speeds
Oh ! I thought there was a difference, might just be like it was previously said, it wasn't well seated.