Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19, 2008, 08:13 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

For RAM testing I started with 2 Instances of Super Pi - 32M. It would take about 25 minutes, and it passed fine.

After your post I finally tried MemTest, The comp fell on its face soon after starting. Looks like I have more tinkering to do with the ram, which REALLY is a good thing, since I want 100% Stability over a larger OC

When I put the ram timing stock and tried Further OC'ing the CPU, and have been able to do so.

I trimmed the voltage down to 1.4 to see where I can get to.

Thanks for the advice
Old January 19, 2008, 09:53 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

So your Ram is stable at that speed, but the timings are unstable. Before changing anything, I would loosen the timings in order to have Memtest stable. Once that's done then I would concentrate on the CPU.

Good job.
Old January 19, 2008, 03:59 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I forgot to mention in my earlier reply that I unlinked the memory and cpu timings when I started OC'ing the ram.

I was able to run the ram @ 836 MHz, with timings @ 5-3-3-3, Memtest stable after over an hour.

I am going to try and stress test my cpu and ram with Ortho's. Is there another program I can try to use to Stress test my ram? I was my comp to be 110% Stable @ my final OC

*EDIT*

I just looked at CPU-Z moments after posting. It shows my memory timings as I have them set, but the Bank Cycle Timer (tRC) is 25. tRC is currently set to auto. Is 25 high or does it just seem this way?

What is a good program to use for memory benchmarking?

Thanks again for all the help :)

Last edited by mattydies; January 19, 2008 at 04:05 PM.