Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3, 2011, 03:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Day ~2...

Both drives passed a long DST and from the benchies, it looks like nothing's changed. Time for wiping on three hard drives!

For reference, the day ~2 benchmarks for the 320 and 360GB:

I'm doing the wiping in the exact same way, with three copies of copywipew running in parallel. The wipes are being performed on the 320GB desktop, 360GB desktop, and 120GB mobile drives.
Old February 7, 2011, 05:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Day ~4

After sending about 60 TB through the HDDs in the wipe operations, I don't notice any degradation:

Anyway I'm stopping the HDD wiping experiment, since the way I'm stressing the drives, they'll probably give out before the P67 will...
Note that I am not saying the problem doesn't exist; in fact I read one post in the Anandtech forum in which the OP says his/her SATA2 can no longer recognize drives. What I can say is that whatever the fuse on this Cougar Point bomb is, it's not short enough to blow out your I/O controller with certainty after a few days of HDD wiping.

If you have other suggestions I'll give them a try. Don't tell me to raise voltages because I think it's unrealistic to do so. (It's like saying you can simulate long term on a car by exceeding its towing capacity for one trip - the stresses are all different.)
Old February 7, 2011, 06:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Try DJ music files.

saw post that a laptop used mostly froe DJ music fore 3 months steady crapped out on a guy.