Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 21, 2011, 05:47 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Default London ON :: LN2 Overclocking Event @ UnLab on UWO Campus

UnLondon & Hardware Canucks are proud to present the first overclocking event at the UnLab in London Ontario!

Join us on Thursday January 27, 2011 from 6PM until the cold stuff is gone at UnLondon's UnLab for an overclocking party using the latest computer hardware from Intel and ASUS.

999 Collip Circle :: Convergence Centre on UWO Campus :: London, Ontario :: click to go to google maps...

The Livestream is up for those that can't make it, check out UnLab London - live streaming video powered by Livestream .
I will be doing some prep around 4:30PM with the benching starting around 6:30PM EST

I will be in house overclocking Intelís latest and greatest processors using Liquid Nitrogen. Some of you may know me around here, some may not. I have been ranked in the top 10 in the world on HWBot.org, and currently fighting to keep the top Canadian overclocker spot on the Bot. I will be overclocking the latest Intel 2600K & 980X flagship processors, ASUS Maximus IV Extreme & Rampage III Extreme motherboards, an ASUS GTX580, and Corsair Dominator GTX2 memory.

There is a little bit of geek in all of us, and what is more geeky than overclocking a computer with liquid nitrogen? I will be happily answering any and all questions related to overclocking while benchmarking some of the latest hardware on the market; as well, everyone will get a chance to pour some LN2.

There will be snacks, drinks, contests, Beer Infuser demonstrations, and a host of other things to do and see. Prizes and swag have been arranged from Canadaís premier hardware review and news site Hardware Canucks.com including a Gigabyte P55A-UD6, a Corsair Vengeance 8GB kit (sponsored by Corsair), and an ASUS HD 5770 CuCore. So come out, learn a little bit about the world of extreme overclocking, have some fun, and take home some great prizes!

If you plan on joining us, please sign up at Eventbright.com here so we can get an idea on how many people are going to make it out. Feel free to ask any questions or discuss the event here.

Last edited by 3oh6; January 27, 2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old January 21, 2011, 05:48 AM

Depending on space, how many people are going to show up, and hardware involved, I may have a spot or two for others to bench their rigs. If anyone that is going to be in London on Thursday the 27th wants to bench a rig with LN2...now is your chance.

Fire me a PM with details on the rig you want to bench, your cooling equipment (if you don't have pots, that is okay, I have extra's to share), and any other pertinent information

It should be a pretty damn good night, and I will be benching as long as there is LN2. If that means well into Friday...then it means well into Friday
Old January 21, 2011, 05:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Damn, wrong side of Canada for me! Sounds like it will be interesting & entertaining. Good luck!
Old January 21, 2011, 08:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Bah - I wish I could geek out with you guys. Like Knives Chau, I have the capacity to geek. Won't be able to make this one though - next time! I really want to learn proper insulation techniques. My first and only attempt at eraser insulating went... well, poorly. Thankfully it was just an old P5B that I destroyed.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old January 21, 2011, 08:42 AM
MVP

Would love to come and see this but not in London until the Feb 4. Just push it back!
Old January 21, 2011, 08:47 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Wow sorry I am missing this one. I would have loved to shoot some video of this for my classes. London is a bit of a drive in the winter for me, especially if I have to work early in the am.
Fold for team #54196
Old January 21, 2011, 09:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hrm. I'm going to check my schedule. I may try to make this with my 970 to learn some pointers from the pro(s). Maybe they can help me eek out some extra mhz!

Biggest downfall I see holding me from going (assuming Schedule is okay) is the drive from London back to Oshawa after this is over, which really means hotel for the night.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old January 21, 2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Damn, wrong side of Canada for me! Sounds like it will be interesting & entertaining. Good luck!
Thanks, it should be a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Bah - I wish I could geek out with you guys. Like Knives Chau, I have the capacity to geek. Won't be able to make this one though - next time! I really want to learn proper insulation techniques. My first and only attempt at eraser insulating went... well, poorly. Thankfully it was just an old P5B that I destroyed.
Anytime you find yourself in the London area, don't hesitate to fire me a message. You can always swing by and we can do some insulating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post
Would love to come and see this but not in London until the Feb 4. Just push it back!
Bahhh, I wanted it to be a week later to promote better, but this date worked for the UnLab and my schedule. There will be other events, and I will be doing OC'ing classes starting in the spring at the UnLab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Wow sorry I am missing this one. I would have loved to shoot some video of this for my classes. London is a bit of a drive in the winter for me, especially if I have to work early in the am.
That would have been great. I am still looking to secure someone to shoot some video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Hrm. I'm going to check my schedule. I may try to make this with my 970 to learn some pointers from the pro(s). Maybe they can help me eek out some extra mhz!

Biggest downfall I see holding me from going (assuming Schedule is okay) is the drive from London back to Oshawa after this is over, which really means hotel for the night.
Hmmmm, if you are willing to drive that far, I can't not offer a spot on a couch. It isn't lavish accommodations, and it is kind of cool in my place, but you are more than welcome. I will also likely be benching all night at the UnLab, and there are couches there to nap on should the benching go well into the night.

The UnLab really is a nice place to hang out in; very relaxed space.
Old January 21, 2011, 09:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ahhhh so want to go to this
Old January 21, 2011, 10:26 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Anywhere in BC I would so be there. Fantastic idea, I've been hoping someone would organize pretty much exactly this for some time... but closer!

Hope you all have a frosty time

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread