Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 29, 2011, 01:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

haha bad timing for the pic I suppose. I think a few of the women were after a few hours.

I really hope there's something like this again in the near future, I'll definitely be able to stay later next time.
Old January 29, 2011, 02:50 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

thanks for the pics, anyone else with photos? anyone? we all want to see them.

i am glad you had a good time, i really had a blast watching you guys get into your grove pouring the LN2 on the GPU. later in the night and the next day i was running the GPU at -150C and colder with some crazy tight tolerances on temps. that is when the real pouring skill is involved. i think a real pouring competition is in the cards next time. i got word some ASUS prizes were suppose to be here, so perhaps we might have another sooner than later, we'll see.

here are a couple more photos that were on my camera from the day/night/day. i will be doing a write up of the event as soon as i can, but i need to get the photos from my photographer i had on hand as well as video footage. too much on my plate right now.

a little GTX 580 prep in the lobby at the Convergence Center...

me apparently questioning the score on a bench possibly...

late night empty lab benching. top left RAM temp, bottom left CPU temp, right GPU temp...

the next morning after a brief 40 minute nap, i hit 03 again after some sorting of software. i was alone in the lab and able to really push the card/work on temps and came up with a solid global top 10 single card 03.

GPU temps at -150C during the first three tests, full pot during nature...

HWBot link: 3oh6's 161236 marks 3DMark03 run with GeForce GTX 580 @ 1250/1200MHz

Last edited by 3oh6; January 29, 2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old January 29, 2011, 03:46 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Cool man, looks like a fun day!
Old January 31, 2011, 08:15 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

what you folks needed was a benchtop -85 freezer to help cool the MB. it would prolong the LN2 as well.
Revco ULT185 or equivalent.