Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10, 2011, 12:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default 980X @ 4.25 Ghz

Finally found a stable 4.25 Ghz....on Air..kinda tough....but Max Temps 81C ...no crashes...25X LinX ....seems fine!!!!

Pretty happy really....Hexa Core at 4.25 Ghz.....friggin thing smokes ;)

now my Tri Sli 580's got something feeding them the "business" ;)

EDIT: Adjusted QPI Freq slightly.....4.3 Ghz is fine....about the same Max Temps running LinX....81C Max on one Core......I'll keep it here....anymore requires a tad more Voltage and Temps do sneak up....pretty friggin good for Air must say ;)

Certainly this Chip needs the "poop" though....about 1.42v to keep it stable ....I never get the "Dream Chips".....

Last edited by rjbarker; January 10, 2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old January 10, 2011, 06:21 AM
F@H

My System Specs

This is why we keep telling you to at least watercool your damn cpu. You'd be able to push it harder at cooler temps, not to mention the backplate bracket wouldnt be overly expensive for whenever you decide to make the jump the LGA2011
Old January 10, 2011, 06:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

very nice but temps are way to high for my liking
Old January 10, 2011, 01:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Settled on 4.3 Ghz...Max Temp running LinX was 81C on one of the 6 Cores, the rest were low 70's.

Was half snaked drinking Rum last night....too funny ;)

Not to concerned with the Temps as I don't play LinX.......spent a few hrs playing Crysis Warhead and Metro33.....highest Temps I got were 65C.....no biggie!!!

Anyhow, sitting here at the Victoria airport with my wife.....be in LA in a few hrs and on the beach tomorrow afternoon :) I'll Post up some pics later this week guys...

Old January 10, 2011, 01:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

You really should have that beast folding for HwC
Old January 10, 2011, 03:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ Yep I've been "reminded" of that a number of times.........hhhhmmmmm....my Rig Folding, can just imagine what my Hydro Bill would like every month....?! Besides....working away regularly would be difficult to commit...

Old January 10, 2011, 03:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

A stable folding rig needs little to no maintenance and if you can afford the expensive toys you should be able to afford the hydro
Old January 10, 2011, 06:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Arinoth.....I'll keep that in mind.....on another note...flight to Seattle was late....re-book on the 7:45 PM flight to LA...sitting in SeaTac .....oh well